Finally got good weather for Gulf flight

Reaction score
Here is the results of two flights. Stock p3a with windsurfers.
This one was my 13 year old son's first real go at it. I even let him land it. LOL! Don't know why it went further this way then straight out to the ocean on my flight. Maybe I had more head wind then he did. I didn't notice. Both flight totals were over 5 miles.
f9593bd90cfada3037f71513f607340b.jpg

Here is mine going straight out into the Gulf of Mexico.
12cb752806528422a979fcb80238e3ad.jpg

I had a third flight but I forgot to hit the d@m record button. It was mostly flying around the intercostal waterway and the ocean. It was with that fake battery I was sent that I started a thread on.
I will try to post a video tomorrow since I have to get ready for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: flpholt
I went to beach this week and got 13,613 ft out with Stock p3a with NO windsurfers. Only came back because of low battery auto RTH.
Drone_13613-ft_zpsslgdsc93.jpg

Sent from my Home Computer using an i7 cpu.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikecorn1
Same here. I let it go till RTH kicked in cause of battery calculation.

The range is sick when there is minimal interference! If there was a battery with more juice I can only do imagine how much further it could go!

You can go past the auto RTH battery deal, if your going into a headwind on the way out and will be riding a tailwind on the way back you can cancel the auto RTH and keep going out. You'll need to determine what kind f headwind your going against. ~35mph is max speed so subtract whatever your max speed is full stick into the headwind to get an idea of what the wind is. Then take an educated guess at what battery percentage you need to turn around at in order to get back with 10% remaining. On the way back you'll need to switch to ATTI or else you won't get the tailwind benefit as P-GPS limits you to ~35mph. Today there was about a 15mph headwind when I as flying. I was full stick against it going ~19-20mph, I turned around full stick back flipped into ATTI and I was going 49-50mph on the way back.

You can go past the auto RTH battery deal, if your going into a headwind on the way out and will be riding a tailwind on the way back you can cancel the auto RTH and keep going out. You'll need to determine what kind f headwind your going against. ~35mph is max speed so subtract whatever your max speed is full stick into the headwind to get an idea of what the wind is. Then take an educated guess at what battery percentage you need to turn around at in order to get back with 10% remaining. On the way back you'll need to switch to ATTI or else you won't get the tailwind benefit as P-GPS limits you to ~35mph. Today there was about a 15mph headwind when I as flying. I was full stick against it going ~19-20mph, I turned around full stick back flipped into ATTI and I was going 49-50mph on the way back.
I figured I could do that but being that this is only my third week with it, I'm still learning and didn't want to have it crash land in the Gulf of Mexico.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub