Finally gopro and now what..

Reaction score
I had a Phantom V1.1 since more than six months. I've been using a HK Wing camera with decent results.

For instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DfH56ZUejI

Finally I decided to buy a gopro H3 black that arrived yesterday.

I realized now that the mount that is coming with the Phantom is not suitable for GP3.

Eventually I believe I will get a gimbal, for the time being I would like to use my brand new GP3.

Any suggestion? Anybody using GP3 without gimbal ?

To mount the HERO 3 don't use the clear plastic part and mount the GoPro in it's case to the white part that is screwed to the bottom of the Phantom.
I've been mounting a HERO3 like that with no problems at all.
The camera is better protected in it's case as well.

The clear plastic mount that comes with the Phantom is designed to the earlier GoPro cameras but will work fine with the GoPro3 if you just add a bit of foam rubber behind the camera to fill the extra space. You can also use the underwater housing that comes with the GoPro to mount it to the Phantom. It will be upside down, so you will need to go into the menu and change the setting so that the video is upside down.

Colombus said:
Thank you for the tip. I will order that one, seems convenient.

M

Have you also ordered a cable to go from the GoPro to your FPV Trasnmitter?

Yes, I've anticipated that and I've got the cable to inmersion vtx. The issue is that I have OSD mini, so installation is a bit more complex.

Update, I think I am going to use the Phantom stock mount for gopro2, I managed to fit it quite well adding some foam on The back which I believe should help to decrease jello as well.

Colombus said:
Yes, I've anticipated that and I've got the cable to inmersion vtx. The issue is that I have OSD mini, so installation is a bit more complex.

Update, I think I am going to use the Phantom stock mount for gopro2, I managed to fit it quite well adding some foam on The back which I believe should help to decrease jello as well.

Did you also have to install the DJI Naza-M V2 Power Management Unit for your OSD Mini or is it not necessary on the 1.1.1 version of the Phantom?

JTheed said:
Colombus said:

Did you also have to install the DJI Naza-M V2 Power Management Unit for your OSD Mini or is it not necessary on the 1.1.1 version of the Phantom?
PMU v2 and OSD mini is required.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I needed the PMU or not withe the 1.1.1 Version. Both pieces are no on order.

BinaraA said:
I have GoPro Hero 3+, which I mount it to phantom with gopro's waterproof casing (which originally comes with camera). Put the camera into the underwater housing and then you can mount it to the white plastic mounting head of phantom with 2 screws.

like this
http://provideocoalition.com/images/rem ... -Close.jpg

Thank you BinaraA.

The issue is that I need access to the USB port, meaning that I cannot use this. I've already managed to adapt the stock mount provided by the Phantom, just a matter of adding some foam on the back of the camera.

Today I should be testing it.

M

I have the same concern, so I'm considering either this one, made for a Hero 3 or 3+
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alloy-Carbon-Si ... 3a89370c49

Or, since the waterproof case seems to work fairly well, this one resolves the USB port access concern
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suptig-Skeleton ... 54030a1f3a

If you search Ebay you can find these skeleton cases with and without a lens cover. Since they are not Gopro original equipment I'm a little concerned about how well they fit the camera. Look for buyer comments before purchasing one.

I've also considered drilling a hole in the side of the waterproof case that came with the camera. I'll probably never use it underwater, but I hate to destroy that capability.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik