Finally edited some footage

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been filming like mad all summer and finally took some time to edit a really short reel (under a minute). You all have posted some really nice videos here, so I thought I'd share.
https://vimeo.com/103133521

I took a page from Ian Wood's book by describing safety & filming etiquette in the description. I noticed this summary was really well received by viewers of his epic LA video.

To date, I've shot everything line of sight, mainly using ATTI mode (the GPS stabilization feels weird to me but comes in handy). As soon as I move into FPV the possibilities are endless! Any feedback is greatly appreciated as well as FPV recommendations.

Happy flying!

Cool! I am still scared of trees....

Yeah, I've crashed a bunch (in controlled environments). As a novice I just want to learn to get steady shots so I only try to capture one or two key shots each flight. So far I've replaced the GPS unit, lots of blades, and my gimbal mount. Someone posted a 3D printable mount for the H3-2D awhile back. For $18 I recommend it. This forum has been an invaluable for me. Prop guards might ease your fear :)

nice job , my 2 cents , i tend to leave me out of the videos i make . little kids waving sure , but fish eyed me pressing the record button ,no..

Yeah I hear you jodaddy. I've been filming in this wealthy little community and people haven't been the nicest about it (BJames probably gets it....Hollis). I wanted to share footage with some local FB communities so they recognize me as the weird drone guy they keep seeing around town.

I don't know about you guys, but if I'm filming alone, it's really hard to answer questions from people that approach.

BJames, I was hoping to get some shots of the Mills. Have you shot there?

Lovely shots, to make it really slick cut to the music you chose, ie change to the new frames on the beat. :)

i liked your video.
i've been flying for a week -10 flights- and still have a ton to learn...

can you define "contolled environments" when you said you crashed a lot of times?

i have guard props and havent used them... i have flown one time in a park near my house between trees and it felt like the day i learned to drive my mom's car, i had like 20 meters between the cars adjacent to her's and i saw them like they were just inches away :)

I just meant that there were no people or property that I could damage other than my own. Flying with no fpv has taught me how horrible my depth perception is, but I hope it will make me a better pilot. Practice in a field until your comfortable Chap!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj