Well.. been lurking in these forum for three months.. I'm a 'noob' as many of you put it.. Been flying other RC, but this will be my first quad.. had my heart set on a P3A at first.. and then the price dropped on the P3P.. was going to pick one of those up. Saw the Best Buy Ad on Sunday and was ready to go on Monday to pick it up for $999 with a free battery. Decided on Monday, why not wait until the announcement just to see what we were looking at. Initially heard the rumors of $1700, at which point I probably would own a P3P at this point... when I heard $1400, I pulled the trigger on the P4. I can't wait for this thing to get here. Thank you to all who participate in these forums. It's educated me quite a bit before even ordering. Yes, I will read the manual from cover to cover and make sure I use the simulator before I take it out for the first time. I see a lot of comments here that they don't think the P4 is worth the upgrade. I guess my question is, if you had nothing invested (no P3), would you buy the P4 or a P3? I think I made the right decision.