Finally decided to order up.

Took it out for the first flight today. I'm glad I bought a extra battery but I think I will need more :lol: .
Took it to a football field out in the country. Blue sky, no wind, no people, very little stress and NO CRASHES.
Used up the 2 batteries, packed up feeling good and headed home wanting more.

Hey hdrider, been following this post and glad to hear you finally got the phantom and been flying. I was particularly interested because you mentioned you were a full time RV'er. I did that myself for about 5 years until I had sudden bad health problems which ended my RVing. Only wish I had my Phantom back then. Wow what a great opportunity you have now, with the flexibility of moving around the country and filming it with this aerial photography.

I hope we will be seeing some of your videos...I had been to Quartsite, and the Slabs and all along the west coast...really some beautiful scenery out there. Best of luck with your Phantom...oh and just a bit of advice...do not forget to turn on the camera before taking off...(made that mistake a couple of times)

Khudson7 said:
Hey hdrider, been following this post and glad to hear you finally got the phantom and been flying. I was particularly interested because you mentioned you were a full time RV'er. I did that myself for about 5 years until I had sudden bad health problems which ended my RVing. Only wish I had my Phantom back then. Wow what a great opportunity you have now, with the flexibility of moving around the country and filming it with this aerial photography.

I hope we will be seeing some of your videos...I had been to Quartsite, and the Slabs and all along the west coast...really some beautiful scenery out there. Best of luck with your Phantom...oh and just a bit of advice...do not forget to turn on the camera before taking off...(made that mistake a couple of times)

Sorry to hear you had to get off the road but your story is exactly why we decided to do it while we can, you just never know. And this life style is a very big part of why I decided to get the Phantom. I'm looking forward to learning how to fly it and learning how to edit video which may big the biggest challenge LOL!!
I will post a shot of my very first flight here and in fear of double posting in the video section as well. Nothing exciting trust me. Just me in a football field. I did go back out again and flew through 2 more batteries without any issues so I will mark it up as a good day.
Here is the link. https://vimeo.com/104198029?utm_source= ... M2M3w3NzAx

Now you guys are talking my language the slabs and quartzsite. Khudson, I wish I had this thing back when I was driving. Got pictures of the old man painting his rocks at the slabs, at the Yacht Club (funny place for a Yacht club in the middle of the desert). I also have settled down and do not RV anymore, instead I bought an RV Park. lol

Hey hdrider, if you want we could comp your daily rental (just pay for electric) and invite you to stay a couple days if you want. I recently had a friend over who owns a matrix and I think she would agree that I have a great place to fly and train. If you are in Grants Pass, we are about 3.5 hours away I think. and thats driving slow. Anyway, to be honest I probably would not spend that much time flying with you as my health only has me outside for a few hours. But, that said, there are lots of very photogenic areas and things in my area next to the Lava Beds National Monument. We cannot fly in the National Monument, but I have flown at our local crater lake, Medicine Lake, without issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31