Finally decided to order up.

Reaction score
After reading this forum for months I finally ordered my Phantom 2 and H3-3D gimbal with GoPro3 Black as well as a Iftron Tech Stinger Pro transmitter, a Black Pearl 7” monitor and an extra battery.
Now the wait.

The wait is the killing me! My vision 2+ comes tomorrow and I have been wearing off the F5 button updating the shipping tracking page. Good on you for getting the extra battery. I feel with extra batteries I won't be tempted to get that extra minute out of the phantom that could get me in trouble.

Do you mind sharing your cost for the the phantom, gopro, and gimbal?

~Sean

___ said:
The wait is the killing me! My vision 2+ comes tomorrow and I have been wearing off the F5 button updating the shipping tracking page.
~Sean

hahaha
sounds familiar.
today i refreshed the tracking page from my p2 like a zillion times.
cant wait :|

Sounds like an awesome setup, I tried to upgrade to the p2v but my wife wasn't having it. Guess I'll have to stick to the fc40 for now. At least I got the mad dog 2700 battery and p2 props now so it's not too bad. Probably work on the fpv setup next.

$959 for Phantom 2 , H3- 3D 1 battery & charger and 2 sets of props.
We travel fulltime in an RV and we are in Portland Oregon for a couple weeks where a dealer is located that assembles everything to order so I figured it would be a good time to buy.

Well,,,I placed the order on 7/14 for what was supposed to be a 2 week build. In 2 days it will be a month and still no copter LOL!! Are others finding this to be the norm?
I have a call in to check on the status, I hope it won't be much longer. I waited to order from them so I could have a little personal contact but we fulltime RV and have since moved on so so much for being there to take delivery. Could have just ordered it from B&H or someone I guess.

kitari said:
Sounds like an awesome setup, I tried to upgrade to the p2v but my wife wasn't having it. Guess I'll have to stick to the fc40 for now. At least I got the mad dog 2700 battery and p2 props now so it's not too bad. Probably work on the fpv setup next.
I went through my garage and old stuff then started Ebaying stuff so my wife wouldnt mind my P2 costs so much lol

Crud,, after checking on my order last week I was told it would ship the following day :lol: That was last Tuesday I think. Today I figured I would check on it again and guess what.... it was still sitting on a shelf waiting on a GoPro camera !!!! :?:
How the heck was I told it would be shipped the next day when a camera was still missing. PLUS I never got a call telling me of he issue,, geezzzz.
They offered to ship the copter tomorrow and then ship the GoPro later, So I simply asked them to credit my credit card for the GoPro and I would just drive down the street and buy one.
I ran a Biz for many years which probably makes me a bad customer but I can tell you that when we had a order ready to ship and maybe we were missing 1 item I would buy that item from a competitor if I had to in order to fill the order and move on. So what if I didn't make the profit on that 1 item, I made money on the other stuff AND took care of the customer. I think I'm getting cranky at my older age.
The 2 weeks advertised on their web site has now turned into 5 and I still don't have it in my hands. And if I hadn't checked on it today who knows how much longer I would have waited.
Anyway, it's supposed to ship tomorrow and if I don't see a tracking number in my email by end of day I will be calling again.

I can't believe you are still waiting. I made a comment a month ago and went on vacation for a week. it was like a million years ago when you placed order. I am here to check if you are happy with your new P2 setup and you are still waiting. Your patience realllly gets me !

After todays phone conversation I don't think they feel I have and more patience to give. In fact they may not think I'm a very nice person period. :evil:

hdrider said:
After todays phone conversation I don't think they feel I have and more patience to give. In fact they may not think I'm a very nice person period. :evil:

I think that as long as you have waited, they said 2 weeks and it has been more then 4 and then..NO GO PRO.. That shows they had not prepared by ordering the gopro while they were doing the build. That build only takes 1 week to get all the parts and 1 day to put together. Well good luck and....

I notice you are in Portland and that you have an RV. Well in a few weeks folks from your area will start heading south for the winter. Do you head to Quartzsite, AZ, I have been there in December. 100,000 RV's in a town of 600. I been to the Slabs also..interesting..guy died I heard. Anyway. I own an RV park that is on the road if you were going from the Pacific Northwest to those warmer climes. We also accept deliveries and mail for our guests. We are also thinking of having an RC Airport with "Tower" is my dream.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

We are actually in Grants Pass now for a few more weeks. And yes, we spent some of the winter of 2012 in Quartzsite, roughly 5 weeks off and on. We plan to spend some time there again this winter as well. Not sure what route we will take to get there. Maybe if your park is along the way we will stop in and say hello!!
And you are correct, I don't think our order was taken as seriously as it should have been. When there I was given the tour and maybe they put more care into the $10k to $15K orders than the little ones like mine. Not sure I would promote their services at this point. Maybe my order was just one of those unfortunate ones that happen now and again.

I jumped on the scooter and did a ride to Reno with some friends for an over nighter and when I got back yesterday my Phantom had arrived!!
Question, because my Phantom came without the GoPro and I have not bought one and the dealer installed the H3-3D can I fly it with it just hanging? It is fastened with zip ties right now for shipping, I would imagine I should at least cut them loose at least,, Or no?

hdrider said:
I jumped on the scooter and did a ride to Reno with some friends for an over nighter and when I got back yesterday my Phantom had arrived!!
Question, because my Phantom came without the GoPro and I have not bought one and the dealer installed the H3-3D can I fly it with it just hanging? It is fastened with zip ties right now for shipping, I would imagine I should at least cut them loose at least,, Or no?

It's not a good idea to power-up without the GoPro. The gimbal motors will be running constantly, trying to balance the non-existent camera. If you must fly, unplug the gimbal's ribbon cable so it's not powered.

And double check if the zip ties are not to be part of the gimbal installation, not to be removed.

Where did you order from ?
Like stated above DO NOT TURN ON WITHOUT GP disconnect the gimbal and do not put power to transmitter without a antenna .

Thanks for the info. I went out and bought my GoPro today. Will probably do some more studying tonight and give it a whirl in the morning.
I bought it from ATI

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj