Finally a working Phantom

Reaction score
Got my new Phantom today this one works fine. Had an issue of not connecting to my Netbook. Had an old Windows XP laptop. And the naza Software worked through it. Out of the box did not need calibrating, other then the compass.

Did a basic calibration and advance anyway. Did not bother with the ICO, don't think it's all that useful, unlike the AR Drone, there system is, and don't have to be over 10 feet away for it to work, so don't really see the point turning it on.

So, so far it's working fine. Only around 5 days, from ebay and no extra cost, as a good exchange rate at the moment for us.

To me, the big Plus w/ICO is the ability to make it come back to you when it gets too far away to see its alignment.

I agree with insatiable. With fixed-wing RC aircraft, pilots often turn in place so they are aligned with the nose and don't lose orientation or situational awareness. Which ever way it is going, that is the nose orientation. But with a quad or hex copter, once it gets 150 metres away, you can't see which way the nose is pointing, even with OSD information. So I definitely recommend enabling IOC and using Home Lock when you lose track of your Phantom. I don't understand why someone would not want to have this extra functionality available. It was annoying that it wasn't available out of the box, and that I didn't know that. Eventually I bit the bullet, got the Phantom Naza software and turned it on. I use it at least once every time I fly.

Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

I agree with the last two posts, as my Phantom would not connect to any PC, and I could not invoke IOC. Returned it to dealer who also could not use the USB connection, and after over five weeks I'm still waiting for a fully working Phantom.
Dealer says it is DJI holding them up, being very slow to respond.

kesnim said:
I agree with the last two posts, as my Phantom would not connect to any PC, and I could not invoke IOC. Returned it to dealer who also could not use the USB connection, and after over five weeks I'm still waiting for a fully working Phantom.

Ask for a refund from your dealer? I did and got my replacement. Sometimes the newer computers have trouble connecting to the software. My newer netbook failed to connect, but my very old XP laptop had no trouble my old XP laptop has served well using the software and others times, where my netbook fails to connect to anything, my old Laptop usually does. Sometimes the older computers work better when it comes to installing drivers, etc.

denodan said:
kesnim said:

Ask for a refund from your dealer? I did and got my replacement. Sometimes the newer computers have trouble connecting to the software. My newer netbook failed to connect, but my very old XP laptop had no trouble my old XP laptop has served well using the software and others times, where my netbook fails to connect to anything, my old Laptop usually does. Sometimes the older computers work better when it comes to installing drivers, etc.

Tried on five PCs running Win7 64-bit/32-bit, XP both flavours, and even an old 98'er, none would connect. Then the dealer also could not connect it. A refund looks like my last resort, though I prefer to give those concerned a fair chance. Though at my age (83) I just hope I live long enough to enjoy it. :cool: :roll:

kesnim said:
denodan said:
kesnim said:

Tried on five PCs running Win7 64-bit/32-bit, XP both flavours, and even an old 98'er, none would connect. Then the dealer also could not connect it. A refund looks like my last resort, though I prefer to give those concerned a fair chance. Though at my age (83) I just hope I live long enough to enjoy it. :cool: :roll:

From reading, failing to connect is a fault of many Phantoms. Lucky mine works this time round.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl