Finally a bird I can fly

Reaction score
Beautiful SW Missouri Ozark Mountain Country
Hi. I live in the SW Missouri Ozarks region. I just purchased my Phantom 3 Standard. I've been playing with RC stuff since a kid. Started with racing 2wd monster trucks, then moved to pulling trucks then to 1/10 scale dragsters, both electric and nitro. Flown planes and then tried a couple of choppers and just never had the time develop the skill to fly them.
One of the owners at the concrete company I work for, does aggregate inventory at the ready mix plants and quarries, using a drone. He has a commercial license. Anyway, after watching him operate his, I though maybe I'd try one out.
I've had mine in the air 3 times totaling about 30 minutes. I'm a little apprehensive to fly in the cold and wind, so I'm going through the forums here in the meantime.
I have a question though. It seems 90% or more of the threads here are about some kind of issue with the bird. It almost seems like everyone has some kind of issue with connectivity of one sort or another. WiFi, GPS, etc. You'd think these things are junk. As said, I've had mine in the air 3 times, and had no issues whatsoever. In fact, the only thing I could think was how unbelievably easy mine is to fly.
Anyway, I'm enjoying the forums. Any insight you all might have, I'd appreciate.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi there! I'm a new P3S owner as well.

The nature of forums is that they are where people go who have issues. The vast majority of owners are busy happily flying their birds.

These are great devices, and are really reliable. But at least if you do have an issue, you know where to come. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to the forum Gunslingertom .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)
This is where your going to come to read about problems mostly .
Folks that don't have any don't post much .

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

It almost seems like everyone has some kind of issue with connectivity of one sort or another.
This is a place where people come when they have problems/questions, so that should be expected.

I know it sounds like it, but thousands of times a drone is out in the air without incident and the guy does not (usually) get on here and say, "Oooo I just flew my drone for the thirty seventh time and wanted to tell all Ya'll." We tend to think about this forum when we have a problem we can't figure out, so it makes it look a lot worse than it really is. I must have hundreds of flights over the last 8 or 10 months without anything going wrong.

So don't worry about that, just read here and learn what to watch for. Have fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20