Filters

Reaction score
Bought a six pack of Polar Pro filters and can't get the factory lens protector off ?? Any recommendations ?

Grip it as lightly as possible. The harder you grip it, the more impossible it'll be to remove.

Its very, very tuff to get off. You must becareful to hold the gimble with 1 hand while your other hand unscrews it.

It unscrews counter clockwise. I ended up cutting my thumb on the lense. What seems to work best is get a rubber glove to get a grip on the lense. You don't have to put the glove on, just put it all over the lense, grip tight and turn counter clockwise. I used a yellow rubber cleaning glove me wife had under the sink.

Reactions: Garrie
If you don't bend the filter by gripping it too tightly on the first several attempts, then it should be easy to remove. It's very thin and fragile. Grip it too tightly and it'll most likely bend a bit.

I found it comes off very easy wearing a latex glove and having the P3 upside down. Super light hand pressure is needed - not more

Finally got it off. It appears they use a dab of red locktite on it as evident by a small red dot on the threads.. Rubber Glove trick worked the best.

Use a wide rubber band draped over the filter. Grip your fingers over the rubber band and twist lightly. Works like the rubber glove and it is very easy to do...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers