Filters for P3S?

Reaction score
Has anyone found ND and CP filters to fit the P3S other than the ones from Snake River? I bought 2 of theirs and they are good quality, though expensive. They don't make a ND32 though. Has anyone found one elsewhere?

Also looking for this info, I am tempted by the ND grad and the ND8/CP by Snake River. You can order direct from the US, but the delivery cost is high, it takes ages and there will probably be import duty to pay.

Is there a UK supplier?

Are there any other makes I should consider?

Reactions: CianMcLiam
Yes, I almost bought these

Then I realised that the reviews were all for DSLR close up filters and nothing to do with the phantom 3!

Polar pro told me that they are developing filters to fit the P3S. No estimate on when though.

Same here JonW. Scouring the Net to find some. Newer makes some. Although they don't ship until the Phantom Series goes out of tech.
All P3S pilots please beware of fake/phony sellers selling Phantom 3 items. "Fit all phantoms my arse" when purchasing any of the many aftermarket items from sites that claim to sell items that in turn are actually false advertising. Anyway after at least 5 returns to stores. Sites are starting to sell Standard aftermarket items although they don't ship for months.
Polar pro told me that they are developing filters to fit the P3S. No estimate on when though.

Filter.jpg

Reactions: Clampit
it fit? cool, how you like it?
I like the results but am having an issue with balancing the camera . Am working on it now .
I think by just adding some weight's it will be great . Watch this test I did last evening and watch the horizon ,am not yawing hard . Kit weigh's 7.5 grams ..

I like the results but am having an issue with balancing the camera . Am working on it now .
I think by just adding some weight's it will be great . Watch this test I did last evening and watch the horizon ,am not yawing hard . Kit weigh's 7.5 grams ..
Ouch! Yours was not like that before! Any new achievement? I am still a few feet short of you!

Reactions: dirkclod
Ouch! Yours was not like that before! Any new achievement? I am still a few feet short of you!
Here's before filterProper place.JPG After filter is on filter 2.JPG and powered up it goes right camera filter on.JPG
Now I have added vecro on back to place weight velcro on back.JPG and also gonna have to add a little to the side ....
I did try calibrating it but ya see what I got .

Here's before filterView attachment 33188 After filter is on View attachment 33190 and powered up it goes right View attachment 33189
Now I have added vecro on back to place weight View attachment 33191 and also gonna have to add a little to the side ....
I did try calibrating it but ya see what I got .
OK.....Added10.5 grams to the back of camera and 5.8 grams to the side of gimbal arm and that took care of what you saw in the video .
You talking adding with the filter 0.84 of a ounce . Is a nice filter but did find it a little hard to slide on and take off .
Is new so that might get easier . Is great in the sun but not so hot when cloudy . Am just going to use the Velcro so I can add the weight's
when using it .
That's what I found with this . Is pricy but ya get what you pay for .

OK.....Added10.5 grams to the back of camera and 5.8 grams to the side of gimbal arm and that took care of what you saw in the video .
You talking adding with the filter 0.84 of a ounce . Is a nice filter but did find it a little hard to slide on and take off .
Is new so that might get easier . Is great in the sun but not so hot when cloudy . Am just going to use the Velcro so I can add the weight's
when using it .
That's what I found with this . Is pricy but ya get what you pay for .
Not bad... I almost got one but was waiting to see somebody to try it! Great... I will probably get one

That is a lot of additional weight between the filter and the counter weights. Besides less flight time I would be worried about burning up the gimbal motors. :eek:

That is a lot of additional weight between the filter and the counter weights. Besides less flight time I would be worried about burning up the gimbal motors. :eek:
We will see . Only way I could get it to balance unless I missed something .
I did find it strange it took more to balance it than the filter weighs but that's what it took .
I did check the gimbal motors for heat with my fingers after I just tested it and were not hot .
Maybe some others will chime in with another way .
Just calibrating it through the app didn't fix it .

Grab yourself one of the tiny thermal temperature readers. I use one left over from my nitro powered RC days. Fly a set course with no additional weight, then fly the same course with the lens cover & weight.

Just for fun:

My gimbal (Zenmuse) paperwork says this -
  1. The gimbal center of gravity has been set, whose position directly determine gimbal performance. Please

do not adjust the gimbal center of gravity by yourself.

Grab yourself one of the tiny thermal temperature readers. I use one left over from my nitro powered RC days. Fly a set course with no additional weight, then fly the same course with the lens cover & weight.

Just for fun:

My gimbal (Zenmuse) paperwork says this -
  1. The gimbal center of gravity has been set, whose position directly determine gimbal performance. Please

do not adjust the gimbal center of gravity by yourself.
I need to get one of those just to check my motors but just never have .
Here's what I did end up with on the filter though .

Hi Folks.
I really want to find a filter/protection solution for the P3S - freaks me out to fly with a completely unprotected lens front element.
However, this doesn't feel like the right approach.
Adding weights to the gimbal and having to re-balance doesn't seem like a good move.
I appreciate that there's probably some margin on the load tolerance on the motors but I'm guessing it's pretty fine and really not designed to manage that kind of extra weight.
Might work in the short term but longer term I would be concerned.
I'm pursuing the idea of using some clear plastic like a smartphone screen protector and just attaching it with sticky pads. Not ideal optically but at least very light.
I bought some on ebay which are meant to stick to a P3A front UV filter, but I'll have a go on the P3S and report back.
Dave

Good luck and do let us know what you come up with .
I wish this one had the UAV glass like the other's but it is what it is :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl