Filter when taking photos

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just ordered a set of polar pro filters.

From reading here, i know for video to set the shutter speed to twice the frame rate, and hopefully the filters will allow me to do that.

But what about for still photos? If the shutter speed is set at 1/50 second from the video mode, when I change to camera is it still going to be 1/50? If so, I feel this will be too slow for photos considering the aircraft is moving.

So as well as changing from video mode to photo, do I also need to increase the shutter speed ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, but the ND filter will already be on the camera as i also shoot video in the same flight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can shoot with he ND filter no problem.... but typically you do NOT want a slower shutter speed on photos, that can cause motion blur. I would pick a higher shutter speed until it starts to get "soft" (which is different than motion blur)... then back it back down until it is sharp again. Although a photographer already I have only started to mess with the P3's photo abilities, but unless you have a vibration problem I have not seen much of an issue of any motion blur as long as you are holding the copter steady (no big wind). The gimbal does a pretty good job (I think) of isolationmotion caused blur. Also in video too much light is not a good thing (need ND filter to slow shutter) but for photos too little light is not a good thing. Lighting is always a compromise..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers