Filter lens

Reaction score
I give up, the filter lens just will not come off , I have tried everything (I think) on the forum, nothing like having ND filters but not being able to use them.

I give up, the filter lens just will not come off , I have tried everything (I think) on the forum, nothing like having ND filters but not being able to use them.

Try curling your index finger around the UV filter to maximize contact area, then apply a twisting force

use a rubber band or rubber glove and apply gentle pressure, It comes off CCW. There are numerous posts on the forum regarding the method to get them off.

Would you recommend a little wd40 or something else on the threads?
I wouldn't do that-- the threads will wear over time it you are changing filters. If you want to use something, maybe just a smidge of silicone lubricant gel.

It worked, many thanks, that's a thin thread

Which one worked for you so I know what to recommend in future? Personally rubber bands and latex gloves didn't work for me, but the finger curl did

I had tried everything as well, but the finger curl around the filter worked, my only worry is the thread , if you keep changing the ND filters and the thread gets cross,

Reactions: Trumple
I had tried everything as well, but the finger curl around the filter worked, my only worry is the thread , if you keep changing the ND filters and the thread gets cross,

Glad to hear it worked, I too felt hopeless when everything everyone was recommending didn't work. I've screwed and unscrewed my filter many times now, no sign of wear. I don't fully tighten the filter though - I leave a bit of a gap for 2 reasons: 1, so it's easier to get off; and 2, to cause less wear on the thread

The finger curl worked for me also...thanks!

I just got my taco filters and the original uv lens seemed very tight and would not budge. Then I thought to put quad upside down on motors without props. Then faced camera up (facing away from the bird) and the lens was then very loose and easily unscrewed. Not sure if this will work for all but worth a shot

The trick is, especially first time is to be gentle and grip the front of the ring with a little presure just enough to turn. Do not grip the whole of the uv tightly and try twist off. I think the added presure compresses the ring tight. Worked first time for me..Think Zen and the art of driving drones

Reactions: Daptone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31