Filter lens thread

Reaction score
So i upgraded to the p4p but still have my polorpro cinema ND polarising filters , i know they don't fit but i wonder if there is a stepper ring available to use them, any advice ?

Dose anyone know the p4p filter size ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

So i upgraded to the p4p but still have my polorpro cinema ND polarising filters , i know they don't fit but i wonder if there is a stepper ring available to use them, any advice ?

I think your looking at a custom item here.. Also with a step ring on such a wide field camera you need to be concerned about Vignetting, however it's a good idea!

A stepper ring will really only work when going from a larger lens filter to a smaller; in this case you're going from a small (P4) lens to the significantly larger lens of the P4P -- no go! -- unless you'll accept a LOT of vignetting.

Get a set of polarized ND filters made specifically for the P4P. PolarPro has a nice set of 3 for $99, and you'll be [emoji16].

"Dose (sic) anyone know the P4P filter size?"
Just spent 20 or so minutes trying to find the answer, but not even DJI seems to list this spec.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just getting into photography so pardon my lack of knowledge.
I noticed that Drone World is selling the P4Pro with a set of filters (2 Lens Filters-ND8 & Circular Polarizer). I've read that the new P4Pro camera now with aperture adjustment renders no need for filters. Is this true?

A stepper ring will really only work when going from a larger lens filter to a smaller; in this case you're going from a small (P4) lens to the significantly larger lens of the P4P -- no go! -- unless you'll accept a LOT of vignetting.

Get a set of polarized ND filters made specifically for the P4P. PolarPro has a nice set of 3 for $99, and you'll be [emoji16].

"Dose (sic) anyone know the P4P filter size?"
Just spent 20 or so minutes trying to find the answer, but not even DJI seems to list this spec.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Thanks but so far to my knowledge no one has shipped any into the uk yet, maybe i will just have to wait :(

I just getting into photography so pardon my lack of knowledge.
I noticed that Drone World is selling the P4Pro with a set of filters (2 Lens Filters-ND8 & Circular Polarizer). I've read that the new P4Pro camera now with aperture adjustment renders no need for filters. Is this true?
No, at least not to the extent you might want to set your shutter speed to twice your frame rate in bright conditions.

At ISO 100 in bright sunlight your shutter speed for correct exposure will be 1/200s @ f11. I would be reluctant to shoot at f11 anyway as with the 1" sensor distirtion from the diffraction limit will be quite apparent.

It is likely ND filters will still provide improved video quality in many circumstances.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20