Filter help

Reaction score
I just received a Polar Pro ND filter and fitted it to my naked Gopro Hero 3. The problem is that the filter now binds against the IOSD port on the leg of my Phantom 2 and stops the H3-3D gimbal from rotating. It only just touches and I could probably shave some plastic off the side of the filter. Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it?

I don't have this problem at the moment because I removed the canbus port from the leg temporarily, but if I were in your shoes I'd probably just try moving the port to either of the other two legs that don't have the compass attached. If you open your Phantom you can feed the grey cable out one of the other holes on the body an then just reattach the little board with the canbus port in the different spot.

It might even be possible to slide the port up or down just a bit on the leg it's currently on, but I don't have it here in front of me to eyeball what the clearances would be.

I have the same issue, and haven't done anything about it yet, primarily because in the normal course of filming the camera shouldn't yaw that far off straight-ahead. If I did care, or had infinite time, I would move the CanBus port inside the shell, as OI recommended.

Kelly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers