Filming Techniques (no blades/landing gear in shot)

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to fly without getting any of the Phantom in the shot.

My question is what are settings or techniques used in getting THE BEST shots possible.

Is it just skill?
Narrow GoPro setting?

What can you add to this thread?

-smooth, steady flying, as aggressive pitch and yaw will bring props into view
-shooting in narrow is a bit too narrow and limiting, the lowest I'd go is Medium

Tho i continue to shoot in Wide, and seldom see props.
if they creep in, I can scale up the image a bit to remove them in post.

Get the Phantom in position and switch to ATT mode for the shot. GPS mode will often have the Phantom pitching and rolling to maintain position especially in wind.
The other trick is to park upwind from the shot, get steady and then switch to ATT mode to let the wind gently push the Phantom into & past position.

Also, if using a gimbal the props get in the picture when moving forward and the quad goes head down and *** up. Try this if possible
-locate your quad at the furthest away part of your flight and pull straight back to you. Several benefits, straighter smoother flight with less lateral corrections and speed changes, props high up mostly out of view, and greater confidence in distance guessing.

Gizmo 3000 hit the nail on the head. Smooth flying IS THE answer. As is practice so you can polish your flying skills. Another little tweak that I have found useful is to use the Zoom facility in the GoPro edit program. Just zoom in a notch or two 'til the offending body part disappears off the side of the screen.

And.... if you REALLY need to rescue footage that has props that you do not want showing a 2:35:1 crop works wonders and adds a cinematic feel to things.
This has the added advantage in that you are not scaling the image and therefore loose no resolution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik