Filming stonehenge

Reaction score
anyone know how I could do this? I've seen a few people on YouTube have done it. But I would like to do it legally I guess. But I'm not paying £1000 to get one of these CAA permission to work permits lol.

Opening time is 9.30am, could you go at the crack of dawn, this of course will be best in the summer when it is lighter earlier.

If I remember correctly it is surrounded by a wide open field for quite some distance? Depending on your drone model, set up 0.5 - 1 mile away, fly high on the approach and be quick?

Reactions: Dazzauk
anyone know how I could do this? I've seen a few people on YouTube have done it. But I would like to do it legally I guess. But I'm not paying £1000 to get one of these CAA permission to work permits lol.
From the English Heritage site (the organization that manages access to Stonehenge),

English Heritage does not permit drone flying from or over sites in our care, except by contractors or partners undertaking flights for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and permissions, and are operating under controlled conditions

From the English Heritage site (the organization that manages access to Stonehenge),

English Heritage does not permit drone flying from or over sites in our care, except by contractors or partners undertaking flights for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and permissions, and are operating under controlled conditions

From their websites also.

To ensure the safety and security of English Heritage sites, any drone flying must take place when the site is closed to the public. All operators must hold the following:

• a current and valid CAA 'Permission for Aerial Work' (PFAW);
  • evidence of valid insurance cover;
  • a risk assessment for the proposed flight; and
  • a method statement outlining what equipment will be used and a flight plan outlining where flying is proposed.

I guess I could just email them and see what they say lol,

Just checked on Drone Assist and Stonehenge is on the edge of a Restricted Zone and surrounded by ATZ's

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just checked the app myself, its not restricted its just highlighted as a danger / high risk area and says if you do fly here operate with extreme caution and within the caa guidelines

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31