Filming over water, controller battery life?

Reaction score
So I have multiple batteries for the drone but may not have ready access to electricity. Anyone have an idea of the battery life on the control unit???

Thanks

So I have multiple batteries for the drone but may not have ready access to electricity. Anyone have an idea of the battery life on the control unit???

Thanks

From what I've read here the controller should outlast many batteries.

I've run three batteries in a row and my controller only discharged to the third dot. I think the key here is to make sure your mobile device is fully charged when you start as it also gets charged by the RC so there would be less drain on the RC.

I'm sure others will chime in soon.

I've flown at least 10 flights on my initial charge on my controller and it still has two lights remaining on the battery indicator.

From what I've read here the controller should outlast many batteries.

I've run three batteries in a row and my controller only discharged to the third dot. I think the key here is to make sure your mobile device is fully charged when you start as it also gets charged by the RC so there would be less drain on the RC.

I'm sure others will chime in soon.

The Tx. does not charge your phone or tablet. It does last many Phantom flights, many more than your mobile device.

The Tx. does not charge your phone or tablet. It does last many Phantom flights, many more than your mobile device.

I stand corrected. I assumed that because my iPad "wakes up" when I connect it to the RC that it was charging. I just checked it and the iPad reports that it is not charging.

Sorry for any confusion.

Correct, the TX only outputs 500ma via the USB. It wont even put 90% of devices used into charge mode.

Reactions: snowghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31