Filming Fireworks at Night...What camera settings do you recommend.

Reaction score
I filmed some fireworks going off tonight with my P4 in my neighborhood, practicing for tomorrows big fireworks show in town. It didn't look good. I was using auto white balance, style none, color none and shooting at 3840 x 2160 24 fps. Any suggestions for resolution and camera settings? Attached a short clip so you can see. Would really like to get better shots at tomorrows show.

If just pics ISO 100 3sec PL filter.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also, be ABOVE the fireworks looking down you will get much better results. Safe height is 600ft, yes it's above the 400 suggest height but in order to capture everything 600-800 feet is recommend

I stayed between 350ft and 400 for these on Sat. My first try at Fireworks. Pretty sure I went up to 1600 iso and shuter was 80th or 100th of a sec. I did not have my clear UV with me that came on bird so I had to use a Polar Pro ND8. Which sucks. But you don't notice high iso problems in brighter fireworks area much though. I will def have a cheaper older Phantom to fly right through the blast next time! Didn't want to risk 1500 P4 this time. LOL.

I think it turned out pretty well. Why did you put the ISO so high?

I think it turned out pretty well. Why did you put the ISO so high?

Since these fireworks were held downtown for the first time I thought I would keep iso up some to see a little bit of buildings ect. Plus I did not have my clear UV filter with me like a *******, so I had to use an ND4 or 8 I think. So that was most of that. I would shoot it with clear filter and prob go down to 200 or maybe even 100 to help keep blacks cleaner. Fireworks are basically F8- F11 at 100iso with stills in any camera. So I was fudging tbo. Thanks for the comment man.

Since these fireworks were held downtown for the first time I thought I would keep iso up some to see a little bit of buildings ect. Plus I did not have my clear UV filter with me like a *******, so I had to use an ND4 or 8 I think. So that was most of that. I would shoot it with clear filter and prob go down to 200 or maybe even 100 to help keep blacks cleaner. Fireworks are basically F8- F11 at 100iso with stills in any camera. So I was fudging tbo. Thanks for the comment man.

Hmmm so tonight I should use clear UV over my polarizer?

Should have left it on... used a clear UV and the camera didn't handle the big bright bangs very well. Much better results previous night with it left on.

Both of the clips are "unavailable " to me. I'd really like to see them........... anything I can do to bring them up ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1