Filming Construction Site

Reaction score
I'm going to be filming a constructions site today and i am little concerned about the rebar. The slab has a double mat of bars. If I take off away from the steel and I film above 100-200' will I have issues with any functions of the phantom 3?

Thanks

You should be fine since you won't be anywhere near metal when taking off and/or flying.

I am doing the same. On top of rebar it's a steel reinforced structure of 50 stories and 38,000 S&M footprint. I had to find a place almost 75 meters away just to calibrate the **** compass. Took me 7 tries at 10 different locations. But as the boys have said, once you've locked on a home point and compass calibration I think you are good to go.

You will be fine. See unedited video of the site I fly over weekly. Once the building is complete I am going to attempt to edit into video of the whole process.

I flew around a construction site the other day on a building that already has concrete slabs up to about 10 stories and has 4 cranes. One is 400' high. Very cool place to get some video. Had no issues with compass but I started the flight about 200' away from the building...

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1440618541.018129.jpg

Good stuff. It's fun to give a different perspective not often seen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj