filming a plane as it flys away

Have you ever watched a Nascar race? On super speedways cars average 200mph. People aren't sitting on the bleachers because they're bored and can't see the cars because they're traveling too fast lol.

If you're focused on a specific location (tunnel vision) and have a plane fly passed it at 150mph then you will more than likely not see anything at all. When you open up the FOV, it changes the situation 20 fold.

My first reaction to this thread was, I want to see the video...
But since there are none, it simply goes by the way side. ;-)
Better luck next time. Haha

RedHotPoker

I dont have any drone video of full scale aircraft. On the few occasions they have have flown towards the area i was flying in i was heading in the opposite direction reducing altitude as quickly as possible.

The biggest scare i have had was a heli delivering palm trees to a property three houses away. Im not sure what the rules are there but im pleased i was on the ground.

yeah i was told posting any video on here was not a good idea if it was anything exciting cuz people will always find something wrong with what your doing! lol

btw - i didn't even say i did it. i was just asking if it was illegal or anything.

but i am curiuos about the hot air balloon, or like a blimp or something that goes real slow. can you get close if your not in their way??

35mph quad trying to fellow and take video of a plane that at a min travel at 150mph!?
lol you must have thought i was talking about a jumbo jet or something. i've played flight simulator and got some of those little planes like what i saw to go like 40 or 50 knots. google said that was like going 50mph. i knew it wasnt going 150mph!!

If you check the FAA B4UFly app, so long as there are no restrictions, you are OK to fly at 400' AGL. HOWEVER, you are required to monitor for low flying aircraft that might be at or near 400'. As a pilot I can tell you I would not be below 400'. Watch carefully for unexpected maneuvers by the low flying aircraft if you are "following" it. It is your responsibility to avoid aircraft at this point bc you have situational awareness of their presence.

Robert E. Hughes
RED SPIDER Drone Consultants

Forget about ballon. What if he saw one of this. Will he be allow to get closeup shot?
d89f4289eac7ef167afbea06cdd43732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you ever watched a Nascar race? On super speedways cars average 200mph. People aren't sitting on the bleachers because they're bored and can't see the cars because they're traveling too fast lol.

If you're focused on a specific location (tunnel vision) and have a plane fly passed it at 150mph then you will more than likely not see anything at all. When you open up the FOV, it changes the situation 20 fold.
This is a good explanation. It also explains how pilots are able to see drones at extreme altitudes when they are flying. I'll have to remember this analogy to explain it to others. Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't post the video Corey some may just give you hard time for no valid reason. The fact that you are concerned about this situation demonstrates you have safety in mind. I also on occasion had planes fly over my land that seamed to be under 500' . Get down keep low and don't try to get closer for a picture. We hear about people getting reported for flying to hight, as anyone heard of a report for a plane flying to low?

I don't think he has a video. I think he's only asking if he can record a plane from behind once it flys over his property.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik