file storage question

Reaction score
Newbie questions on file locations and settings:
I just played with the waypoints feature on my Phantom 3 and saved a course. I'm curious where that is stored. In the DJIGO app or on the Phantom? I created it using my ipad mini 2. If it is stored in the app and I switch to another device, I'm guessing it won't be there?

I'm assuming the app settings are specific to the device on which they are set. Is there any way to transfer settings or synch them between devices?

Well I did a little experimenting. To date, I had only used my ipad mini 2 to interface with the Phantom 3S. Today, I used my iphone 6s. After logging in, I was surprised that the majority of settings (photo, video, max height, etc) carried over. Therefore, I assume these are stored on the Phantom. Although the tutorial and hints screens were active, it didn't even put me back in beginner mode and had multiple flight modes enabled. However, the waypoint mission was not present, so that is apparently stored in the app. After flying through my first battery with the iphone, I switched back to the ipad mini and the mission was present.

Newbie questions on file locations and settings:
I just played with the waypoints feature on my Phantom 3 and saved a course. I'm curious where that is stored. In the DJIGO app or on the Phantom? I created it using my ipad mini 2. If it is stored in the app and I switch to another device, I'm guessing it won't be there?

I'm assuming the app settings are specific to the device on which they are set. Is there any way to transfer settings or synch them between devices?
Yes. Settings are device specific. It does have internal memory as it will not save anything unless you are connected.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub