Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

File naming

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by virtue, Jul 24, 2015.

1. virtue

Still photos are named DJI_0001, DJI_0002 etc, with the option to continue the sequence from flight to flight, or to reset it. However, my P3P went from DJI_0999 back to DJI_0001 - not what one might expect. I see no way to correct this - for example, telling it to start at DJI_1000 for example, nor to define a prefix other than DJI. Thus I seem to be condemned to generate file names that are duplicates of previous images.

Does anyone know how this could be fixed?

2. bobmyers

Don't you change the file names in edit? When I download mine to the computer, the file names get changed and do not reflect the DJI number

3. virtue

I was hoping for a way that did not require file name editing. It would be trivial for P3P to provide this degree of customization (not to mention allowing a four-digit index to move past 999)..

4. cnynctry

Probably would need a firmware update to do what you would like it to do. Until then it's a manual task. I haven't hit the limit yet but when I save my files to my computer I store them in a dated folder. I'm pretty sure I'll not have 999 DJI named files I want to keep forever.