Fiirst flight (again)

Reaction score
Well my return came back Thursday and of course it rained until yesterday morning so I had to wait until yesterday afternoon to fly. It was killing me just sitting there on the shelf mocking me as the rain came down. Anyway, I got 3 really good flights yesterday. First I took it to my grandparents house on the bayou and got some great shots of the water, property, and marsh. A few boats came buy pointing and ooohhhing and ahhhhing and I chased one guy around a little bit not getting close and he loved it. I only took it to 300 feet. Still too scared to take it up any higher. I didnt send it out horozontaly for more than 100 feet or so not wanting to lose orientation over the marsh. Next I went to a park and got some more water footage. A bunch of people came up asking all sorts of questions and their kids kept asking to fly it. As I was leaving a guy approached me and asked me a bunch of questions about the camera. I think he was a little nervous and thought I might have filmed him. I took it up and showed him how it has no zoom and once you get above a certain point people arent clearly visible.
Next I took it in the back yard of my restaurant at dusk and got two flights. One at dusk and another after dark. This time I only went straight up because my restaurant is in an old town kind of area and it is kind of populated. If it were to fall at least it would fall in my yard. Didnt go more than about 100 feet but it was really cool seeing the city with all its lights from that perspective.
Camera tilt worked great! I did have some interference in the video. It didnt cut out on my phantom app and looked decent through there but when I took it home and viewed my hd card there was some interference on a couple of videos. Not blank and not snow but kind of wavey for a second or two. Anyone encounter this?

Hahaha..Yep, you're hooked....So when do we see some vids ?....And the web address for the Gimbal you'll be wanting in a week or two is: http://www.rotorpixel.com/

BTW...The "waviness" could be jello or could be prop shadow, depending if the camera is facing a certain angle to the sun.
Also, people complain about the polished metal bezel on the face of the camera. There are fixes for all the above.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
Hahaha..Yep, you're hooked....So when do we see some vids ?....And the web address for the Gimbal you'll be wanting in a week or two is: http://www.rotorpixel.com/

BTW...The "waviness" could be jello or could be prop shadow, depending if the camera is facing a certain angle to the sun.
Also, people complain about the polished metal bezel on the face of the camera. There are fixes for all the above.

The Rookie
After re watching the video I think it was the props reflecting off the water. Yea, I am already considering a gimble. Looks decent when I go forward and but it jets jerky in some positions. I would love control over both horizontal and vertical camera positions.

ccase39 said:
RCRookie said:

The Rookie
After re watching the video I think it was the props reflecting off the water. Yea, I am already considering a gimble. Looks decent when I go forward and but it jets jerky in some positions. I would love control over both horizontal and vertical camera positions.

You are lucky now...The queue for waiting on the RP Gimbal was 4 and 5 months long when they first went live on their website.
They are being shipped almost immeadiately now.

RP Gimbal is transferable to other craft. There is also a 3rd axis rumored to be in the works for this Gimbal. It is more robust design than the Vision Plus 3 axis, so your not missing much. And remember, the moment you put a yaw axis motor on it...the Phantom legs becomes a problem in your videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31