Figures....

Reaction score
Well, whatever you do do not insert the micro sd card at a particular angle because mine is jammed inside my brand new Phantom 4. I mean it felt right going in and when I went for that "click" push it just jammed. I had just got everything out of the box and charged up to begin the update process. Went to insert the sd card and did so at an angle that simply jammed it. I also happened to begin the update process with the jammed card. So two questions if you please.

1.) Any recommendations on getting this sd card out of the P4?

2.) If the sd card was somehow ajar inside the P4 is it possible the update did not perform properly?

IMG_0533.jpg

Last edited:
Can the app read the card? If so at least it is installed & functional. Did you insert it label side down like the original (not sure why they made it that way)? Did you hear/feel it click into place? If it is installed correctly & just cocked you just need to play with it. Perhaps a pair of modelling tweezers? Don't just wrench it from the card slot you need to hear the "click" when the lock disengages.

Can the app read the card? If so at least it is installed & functional. Did you insert it label side down like the original (not sure why they made it that way)? Did you hear/feel it click into place? If it is installed correctly & just cocked you just need to play with it. Perhaps a pair of modelling tweezers? Don't just wrench it from the card slot you need to hear the "click" when the lock disengages.

I thought it was just really cocked to the side and jammed. I have been trying to shimmy it out for sometime now to no avail. Just booted up for the first time and my menu does in fact state that there is no sd card detected. Almost 100% positive that I inserted the card the correct way but just at an odd angle.

Last edited:
Normally it should prevent you from inserting it upside down but it may have managed to angle itself in. Do you have modelling tweezers? Try to gasp it & shimmy it around until it either seats or releases. If you have it installed upside down you won't hear the lock release since it isn't locked. Try viewing with a flashlight to see which side the label is facing. Should be down if inserted properly.

I thought it was just really cocked to the side and jammed. I have been trying to shimmy it out for sometime now to no avail. Just booted up for the first time and my menu does in fact state that there is no sim card detected. Almost 100% positive that I inserted the card the correct way but just at an odd angle.[/QUOTE

Looking at the picture, you really scratched up the bottom of the belly.
I once inserted an SD card into my P3 Standard with the up side down, and it seemed stuck, untill I pushed the card all the way in with a small screwdriver, and then it ejected.
I'm not recommending this method, but it worked for me.

To be honest the more I think about the more the chance exists that I did indeed put it in upside down and it found a way to lock a portion of the card in. I am going to try and get some modeling tweezers and see if that will do the trick. Slight scratches around the belly due to the fact I have been trying just about everything to get this card out. If the tweezers fail is it possible to unscrew the P4 to remove the card? If so what would I need and what would be the possible repercussions?

Hmm...haven't taken one apart. I see some screws on either side of the undercarriage & I know there are wire connectors inside. If you get it far enough disassembled you will be able to see the card slot but how much work that involves I don't know? If you purchased from Apple maybe you can take it back to a store for exchange? Here is a photo of the undercarriage removed:

VEaAenkwx9t7QWNXSSZh9C7BjexKXCEao3wEyvnfdU6ZB7KMKJP80mfXqMJFnGTSUJuYIiz_kWPnD6TFzXU8UYi9isU-37bfDHaF_zukk11m765svvnvfDVk7IgBKB6t5SLzETw_r3h4qYYN1E3mb1nE0M2yF8237EhE1S2E18VidSwuUrw0mvrulmfRCFCSwdC2hqrf04kbs30PhOXEbrbQyvGd2QuFAB4b1AetIJzT6EtHgnNTGtsrNt8K31lzaIYNWY_tk0rq9SoOVajQDhvOdiPiQpqzsVFImvsivso20P4SUjOyntp0R28dzy4M-Fp7Gub60Iw5tliXOmunpHlX8EXS_WMeNcq7PWJMIWb6Y-qBMbOOqqyVUC_Z7FZiHqLIXh4FJ5BM6KC55QSjBOUGQCOHwf8D5-8x2WUWw4rRJz2A1gwrQewy6YjWsjzySKDw7yw4DhP4vz-9dHTw0wtNlJZvk5G7PrU3nDRMRfV0VYef0Vz2Esx76ye29LcBIRR1aEL684TNM8VZVstFe4GqNmYSx-Q0RTjsi3BQWMIxIGk3dqQwK2M9yopc7NrTBCQ6ig=w476-h634-no

Reactions: Houd1ni
Looking at the gimbal photo the Micro-SD card holder is on the top board so it should be easy to get too if you get the undercarriage off. If you decide to take it apart please take & post some good clear photos while you're in there!

Did you get it at Apple Store. I would just exchange. If you take it apart does it void the warranty

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have fixed this problem before. 2 things. See if you can gently push the card in a bit with a paper clip. It should depress slightly, and then spring back. While doing this, try to angle the pressure to the right or left. You might find at some point it will eject slightly. As others have stated, tweezers are useful here, just don't force anything. Looks like you already scratched up the bird pretty good. What did you use, a hammer? JK.

Hey everyone. First off thanks for the help. Secondly, I did get out the sd card tonight with the help of several different items (paper clip, modeling tweezers, some poker thingy my wife got me because she thought it would work) and it was in fact inserted the correct way. I have since inserted a new sd card (higher gb) and when pressed in the center it favors wanting to go at the angle that got it jammed. When pressed at an angle it will go in correctly and be able to spring back out when I press it to do so. Thanks again and happy flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic