Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Field tool kit?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by g1967, Jul 17, 2014.

1. g1967

What if anything do you take to the field when you fly in terms of tools / supplies etc? Just curious..

2. Pull_Up

Multi-head hex driver; cross head screwdriver (a good one, those screws on the end of the motor arms are easy to strip); some cable ties/zip ties and some electrical tape (mainly to keep anything broken together for the journey home, not to fly with damage taped and tied!); a few spare double-sided sticky foam pads in case anything that I've mounted with those comes off (FPV hub, iOSD, VTx); a fresh set of AAs for the tx; 2 full sets of props; the DJI motor wrench in case I get a prop strike and the self-tightening prop tightens itself too much; spare SD card for the GoPro/Vision camera for the times when I've left the one that should be in the camera in the card reader at home; a USB power bank to charge my phone or the GoPro should either be low.

That's about it. :)

3. dmagnus

45.141598 -92.631683 Somewhere on the Apple River
    After using electrical tape for years to insulate and protect connections, etc. I came across this: http://www.amazon.com/RESCUE-TAPE-Self- ... B00AZOK55G
    If you don't like the mess that electrical tape leaves and want something with at least or better insulation qualities, this is the stuff. It WONT stick to anything but itself, so unless you wrap it around something and then around the object to be secured, it won't work for that. Once it sticks to itself, it can only be removed by cutting it, it almost fuses together. Now I use it in almost all places where I used to use electrical tape.

4. QYV

QYV

+1 good list. basically my kit

5. g1967

Thanks for the ideas!

6. ddublu

My little plastic "torque" wrench that came with my BlueBeam Ultras has already stripped. Really don't want to carry full size wrench around for tightening/loosening antennas. Assume hand tightening isn't a good idea? Thanks for the tips.

7. Original poster

Good setup and exactly what I take out with me excluding the USB power bank, must order one!