Field of View

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can change the FOV for still images? I see where you can do that for video recording. The reason I am asking is yesterday I was photographing a Hindu Temple for a friend. While looking with the vision app, I had to take my phantom pretty far back to fit it all in the screen of my iphone. When I took the card out & opened the files in Photoshop, I noticed that the Temple was only about half of the image. When I cropped the images to bring the Temple in closer, I loose a lot of the file. I went out there this morning & re photographed it today & got a lot closer but had at least a third of the Temple cut off on my screen. I really would love to have a 1-1 view to keep as much of the file as I can. If there is no way, I can look on the app in the Album folder but it is a PIA to do that while flying.

Larry L said:
Does anyone know if you can change the FOV for still images? I see where you can do that for video recording. The reason I am asking is yesterday I was photographing a Hindu Temple for a friend. While looking with the vision app, I had to take my phantom pretty far back to fit it all in the screen of my iphone. When I took the card out & opened the files in Photoshop, I noticed that the Temple was only about half of the image. When I cropped the images to bring the Temple in closer, I loose a lot of the file. I went out there this morning & re photographed it today & got a lot closer but had at least a third of the Temple cut off on my screen. I really would love to have a 1-1 view to keep as much of the file as I can. If there is no way, I can look on the app in the Album folder but it is a PIA to do that while flying.

Nope. What you see on the FPV is NOT what you get when taking photos.
Its full wide angle sensor at 4:3 ratio at 14mpx. If your camera is looking up, you'll see the prop arms in all the pix.

If you want to see what you are capturing, set to wide.

Thanks Mako, I know I can change the video aspect. I appreciate the help.
Larry

Setting the video settings to Narrow only affects VIDEO RECORDING and FPV.... Stills will always be taken in Wide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers