Field Charging - Car Battery Jumper vs Inverter vs USB power bank

So do I. No problem if you're driving or leaving the engine running while charging the P3 battery. Otherwise, you might not have enough power to start the engine later.

The OP mentioned the need to charge his Phantom battery 4x in a day for 5 days with no need to keep the engine running.

What does everyone think about purchasing this set? Will they work together?

1. battery pack - 12v DC output 12V/2A
http://www.amazon.com/HyperPS-15000mah-Multi-function-Emergency-Flashlight/dp/B00VF0OSFC/
or
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MG687JW

2. with the DC 12v adapter

Amazon.com: Ec-5 Cigarette Lighter Socket for 12v Car Battery Booster Mini Portable Power Pack car jump starter: Automotive

3. And lastly, this Car charger

Amazon.com: BTG Car Charger for DJI Phantom 3 Professional Pro Battery: Toys & Games

Basically, how will a battery charger with an output of 12V/2A work with a car charger?

Last edited:
I am going to try my inverter today. It was a cheap one but claims 100w cont, 200w peak. We shall see.

I use a Jumper pack with the cigarette lighter port with a 150w inverter. When the car is off, I use the jumper pack+inverter. When the car is on, I use the inverter with the car cigarette port.

Another option is to buy a car battery. You can directly plug the battery into the P3 battery and it will charge (check polarity first!!). The smarts in the battery will handle charging directly from a car battery.

I think that with the battery pack and the car charger, it will charge, but slowly. Anyone see an issue with slow charging other than the wait time?

I use a Jumper pack with the cigarette lighter port with a 150w inverter. When the car is off, I use the jumper pack+inverter. When the car is on, I use the inverter with the car cigarette port.

Another option is to buy a car battery. You can directly plug the battery into the P3 battery and it will charge (check polarity first!!). The smarts in the battery will handle charging directly from a car battery.

How many charges did you get out of the jumper and how long did it take to charge? Depending on the jumper, I see 9000mah packs going for about 90 bucks. This is why I want a power bank like I posted today.

I get about 2 cycles out of the jumper pack. I don't run it all the way down just in case I need it for my car.

Hi guys..

I have a difficulty understanding IF IT'S POSSIBLE to actually get sth portable that converts it's 5V to 120/220V for charging a P4 battery..
If I got it well from the specs and video, this thing will Portable Power Outlet, Battery Charger, Inverter | ChargeTech

So is it really possible to charge even just one time the P4 battery with a power bank?

I'm considering anything, portable fuel-powered power generators, power banks, anything but car jumper things. But I'm stuck on this fact, if I can get it to plug to the AC P4 battery charger instead of taking a risk for an amateur made power bank to P4 battery plate charger..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.