Few things to ask about the Nvidia Shield

Reaction score
New to the Shield and had my first few flights with it yesterday. Few things to ask other owners. The tablet is fully up to date with the latest Go app and the latest version of the Android firmware. All updated few days ago.

I have the common issue of the tablet compass not working which hopefully should be fixed soon.

When having a look at my flight records on the tablet the speed says I was hitting over 50Mph most of my flight. Next to no wind. Transferred data on to my iPhone Go app and max speed showed around 30mph for the full flight. Anyone else have this problem?

You know when you use the share button to screen record, where does the tablet saved the clips. I don't seem to have a proper gallery app. The only thing I have as Google photos which don't store the recordings. Any idea's

I noticed that the screen on the K1 isn't that bright and struggles out side. I have a mat screen protector but that seems to dull the screen more. I have just made my self a sun hood but unsure if I should remove the screen protector. What are you guys doing?

It's a shame the Shield no longer shows the radar and map like the iPad.

• Are you sure that your Shield GO app is set to Imperial, not metric? It may have been 50Kph not Mph
  • Matte screen protectors will help against glare but will make the screen even dimmer. Remove it and use the sunshade!
Not sure about compass or screen recordings. Good luck! :)

I have the common issue of the tablet compass not working which hopefully should be fixed soon.

Mine was incorrect for awhile. It would show the drone pointed the exact opposite of the direction is was really pointing. Not a big deal once I understood this. However, I recently installed Android 6 and it seems to have corrected this issue.

You know when you use the share button to screen record, where does the tablet saved the clips. I don't seem to have a proper gallery app. The only thing I have as Google photos which don't store the recordings. Any idea's
Look for GameRecordings folder.

My recommendation if you are running Google Photos is to allow the app to back up all your photos from certain folders on the Shield. Then when you get home and the Shield connects to your wifi, it will automatically send the new photos and video on the Shield to your Google Photos account.

I noticed that the screen on the K1 isn't that bright and struggles out side. I have a mat screen protector but that seems to dull the screen more. I have just made my self a sun hood but unsure if I should remove the screen protector. What are you guys doing?
Yup, I used a matte screen protector and ripped it off after 2 flights. Now I just turn the brightness all of the way up. Every device screen is difficult to see in full sun light.

Not an issue with the Shield, rather it's how they programmed the Android Go app in general.

• Are you sure that your Shield GO app is set to Imperial, not metric? It may have been 50Kph not Mph
  • Matte screen protectors will help against glare but will make the screen even dimmer. Remove it and use the sunshade!
Not sure about compass or screen recordings. Good luck! :)

Cheers for the reply. Just checked it again and its says 55mph. Maybe just a bug that will sort its self out. I made my self up a good hood so I will try it without the screen protector.

Mine was incorrect for awhile. It would show the drone pointed the exact opposite of the direction is was really pointing. Not a big deal once I understood this. However, I recently installed Android 6 and it seems to have corrected this issue.

Look for GameRecordings folder.

My recommendation if you are running Google Photos is to allow the app to back up all your photos from certain folders on the Shield. Then when you get home and the Shield connects to your wifi, it will automatically send the new photos and video on the Shield to your Google Photos account.

Yup, I used a matte screen protector and ripped it off after 2 flights. Now I just turn the brightness all of the way up. Every device screen is difficult to see in full sun light.

Not an issue with the Shield, rather it's how they programmed the Android Go app in general.

Thanks for your reply.

That's weird. Mines is on Android 6 and the compass is dead, no movement at all. No biggy I am sure it will sort its self out. Thanks for the recommendation on the image folder I will try that out.

I think I will go ahead and remove the screen protector and try it with just the hood I made for the K1. Its a shame the changed the program of the Android app as it looked better before.

New to the Shield and had my first few flights with it yesterday. Few things to ask other owners. The tablet is fully up to date with the latest Go app and the latest version of the Android firmware. All updated few days ago.

When having a look at my flight records on the tablet the speed says I was hitting over 50Mph most of my flight. Next to no wind. Transferred data on to my iPhone Go app and max speed showed around 30mph for the full flight. Anyone else have this problem?

I use a sun hood (hoodi) and a Supershieldz matte screen protector. I also try to find a shady spot to fly from.;)

Your issue with the Shield tablet is really Marshmallow 6.0.
Nvidia Shield k1 android 6.0 compass issue

I'm not sure about the speed issue, but I'd just roll back to Lollipop and your compass and radar will return to normal.

I just bought a Hoodman for my Shield and it fits great. The model that fits is the Aviator HAV-1. I've tried a few other hoods and hated them. This one is a winner. It fits completely over the tablet and even has an extension. It folds up and fits in my case.

I have had my K1 go completely black a few times for about 4-5 seconds midflight and come back on like it never happened. Anyone else ever experience this? It's scary but I'm confident in my P4 coming home. My instructor at Drone University in Sacramento told me to lose the screen cover and case and use a shade cover (made my own). Also, I set the brightness up to the max. Battery lasts a little shorter but I can use 5 drone batteries and still be at 40% left on my tablet. Any explanation for the temporary blackout on my tablet? Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20