Few more P4 questions

Reaction score
I notice in most videos a cable running from the tablet to the R/C. Is this standard? My old PV2+ didn't have this. Do most of you update your firmware to your drone and r/c via your tab you use for flying, or do you use a desktop computer to do it? That about covers all my questions. Thanks

I notice in most videos a cable running from the tablet to the R/C.
It's required since the P4 does not use Wi-Fi.

Do most of you update your firmware to your drone and r/c via your tab you use for flying, or do you use a desktop computer to do it?
It's easiest to update using the DJI GO app. If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

I notice in most videos a cable running from the tablet to the R/C. Is this standard? My old PV2+ didn't have this. Do most of you update your firmware to your drone and r/c via your tab you use for flying, or do you use a desktop computer to do it? That about covers all my questions. Thanks
You'll learn to love that cable, because it enables Lightbridge to let you fly and receive video from your craft from much greater distances than your PV2+ via WiFi. Lightbridge will set you free. Optional is an HDMI port on the back of your RC, $99 from DJI. This let you display the flight real time on a second display device, such as a TV or Goggles. The HDMI display will not have all of the telemetry data that's displayed on your smart device via USB, but the video image will provide slight less latency for FPV goggle flying. I use this optional HDMI port with Headplay HD goggles (720P resolution) and they work fantastic, providing an IMAX "like" experience to flying your drone via FPV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tink and Romonaga
Thanks guys. When I order, how do I make sure I get an rc with the hdmi port? I've seen nothing about it. Thanks

The HDMI port is a separate purchase that you install on the back of any RC. You can find it at most DJI retailers or on the DJI website store.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4