Few general questions on my phantom 4

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
On my 2nd day of flying and have a few questions. First question, after I have landed, turned off the battery, inserted a new, powered on, wait for IMU to warm up, I then move both sticks down and inward to arm the motors I get a voice command stating LANDING and motors do not arm, happened twice so far. Tried to use my phone to take off and after sliding the icon, nothing happens...go to try and arm again and hear LANDING. Only way I'm able to overcome is by powering down the battery a second time and for whatever reason it works fine after this. Any ideas?

Second question, occasionally I see some type of error message on my phone that says something about a firmware mismatch but it goes away before I can figure it out and when I look deeper I see something that says firmware is up to date.....any ideas?

Also would like to know how good the sonar is at avoiding wires and power lines? Unit does great on big solid objects such as buildings and trees but to wires beat the systems? Appreciate any help and advice.

I see some type of error message on my phone that says something about a firmware mismatch but it goes away before I can figure it out and when I look deeper I see something that says firmware is up to date
You need to update the firmware on your batteries. Start at step #20 here. After updating your batteries, see if you're still able to reproduce the issue above.

Also would like to know how good the sonar is at avoiding wires and power lines?
It most likely will not be able to detect them.

Reactions: Opfor
Ahhh, that would explain it. I have 3 batteries and the #1 probably was in when the firmware was first updated, I'm sure this is happening when I use my 2nd and 3rd battery. I had no idea the batteries actually needed updating as well, thought only the controller and drone. Thank you!

Last edited:
That's why I leave the bin file on SD card. That takes care of such battery issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have inserted the batteries several times and not having any luck getting that INCONSISTENT FIRMWARE FOUND message to appear. Is there a way to go and check to make sure my unit has the most current firmware, not sure how to check this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20