Feeling unenthusiastic about flying

Reaction score
When I started flying for the first time with my phantom 3 back in January, it was a great feeling. But now, few months after this and almost 40 flights. I started to not feeling anymore the desire to fly my bird. When I want to go and try new areas, I have to check that it is allow to fly, even though it's a desolated area plus all these hate and restrictions that is coming up. Looks like owning a drone it's really nothing exciting anymore unless you use it for commercial purposes.

You might find setting yourself some challenges will reintroduce the enthusiasm. Choose an area or landmark you would like to capture, plan it out in your mind and fly it untill you get the footage you envisioned. Plan and fly some autonomous mission. Study aeronautical charts to identify a launch point and area you can legally fly for some unique angles on familiar settings. With the options available your imagination is really the limiting factor, the possibilities are endless.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
You might find setting yourself some challenges will reintroduce the enthusiasm. Choose an area or landmark you would like to capture, plan it out in your mind and fly it untill you get the footage you envisioned. Plan and fly some autonomous mission. Study aeronautical charts to identify a launch point and area you can legally fly for some unique angles on familiar settings. With the options available your imagination is really the limiting factor, the possibilities are endless.
Interesting, will try to study aeronautical charts. Never hear about it before ;) and thank you for the respond!

Interesting, will try to study aeronautical charts. Never hear about it before ;) and thank you for the respond!
You can look for a safe to fly app that is relevant to where you live, download it and use that as a guide for safe areas to fly. I'm lucky in that I don't have far to go to access either the beach, open fields or simply fly where I am. As WTB stated, your imagination is the only limit to flying, I sometimes just fly around for the joy of it, other times practice with pano mode on Litchi to improve my crap photography skills or make videos for my family and friends to show off the area where I live, and still abide by the rules and regs that apply.

Reactions: macoman
I feel your pain. I too think it is boring. I think a FPV racer, with a course set up around the farm might be fun, though.

If you do take on FAA Sectional charts, here is the link to all of them:
VFR Raster Charts

Here is the link to the FAA Chart User Guide to learn the symbology:
https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/fli...aero_guide/media/Chart_Users_Guide_12thEd.pdf

Feel free to ask questions.

Reactions: macoman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan