Feedback on video and other questions...

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the community and to flying. After a long drawn out fight with myself whether to purchase a P3P or Yuneec 4k, I settled on the most popular. So far, it's an amazing product. I've been reading post after post, here and other forums but have a few questions for the experts here. I'm also pasting a link to my youtube video I just posted from today's video. This is maybe my 6th flight, all of them about 6 minutes long. Truth be told, I'm a little scared to let this thing go with the thought if it should happen to fall from the sky, it could hurt someone as I'm flying currently in my neighborhood. I know the warnings, and I'm not letting it out of my sight. I'll hit the park in short order, and possible the beach pretty soon. I'm in South Florida and today I used my iPad Air 1. much better than my iPhone 6 but the sun is definitely tough to work with. I'm thinking iPad Mini 3 once I get the hang of this.

On the video, notice the dark wave going down video every second or two? Also, in prior videos, I had quite a bit of random pixelation. I have hardware decode set to ON. I'm running camera and bird stock from factory, made not real adjustments except for a minor manual adjustment to horizon setting. Wondering how to get a better video out of this?? suggestions please!!!!! LOL.

How would I enable audio or is there no audio from this camera? I may be mistaken, but thought i read there is not, but then read there is. LOL

Also, once i go into editor, it is asking me to trim my video. If I want to create a clip with music within the GO app, it seems I have about 30 seconds I can do, but it won't do the entire video?? any way around that or what do you suggest I use to add some music? I am absolutely brand new at this, both flying and photo/videography.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I purchased second battery today along with DJI hard backpack. wish it had room for the iPad, but I love the size of the bag. quite small compared to soft backpacks. Was looking at GPC backpack, but it appears much larger?? any comparisons?

I'm just now starting to learn the OSD, the orientation of the P3P as it relates to my position, etc. I had this up to about 550 feet today above my house. Prior to launching, I set the RTH to 200 feet in order to clear the palm trees. Although I was at about 300' when I first attempted RTH, it went higher yet to the 500 foot mark and I couldn't see the bird at all. I hear it, but couldn't see it. The fact that it went higher scared me, so I cancelled RTH and manually brought it back but I can see how easy it could be to lose this thing with even the slightest user error.

Is there an optimal settings post I can reference to get the most out of this as well as all the safety measures? Or do I have what I need?

I'm super excited and look forward to this forum!

This is a good read. P3 Help Guide
RTH on my app is in meters. I don't know how to set it to feet. So you may have set your RTH to 200m which is why it started climbing. I see nothing in your area to suggest you need any more than the default 30m.

Not seeing any dark lines on the video. Looks great to me.

Happy flying.

Well, i think I worded it wrong. It's more of a twitch along the complete horizontal on the bottom 1/4-/1/3. most noticeable on left side of pic. I also see a significant amount of out of focus areas. I must be doing something wrong here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31