FedEx sucks!!! Received P4P open box missing battery

Reaction score
Well I ordered my P4P directly from DJI on Wed 12/21/16 and it shipped on Thurs 12/22/16.

Fed Ex scanned it on 12/22 and 12/23. Then it went MIA until 12/28.

In the meantime, It was supposed to be delivered on 12/27. Then FedEx pushed it to 12/28. On 12/28 I called a few times because there were still no updates since the last scan on 12/23. I was told it would be delivered that day and not to worry about it. Well later on in the day, still nothing, so I called back. At which time I was told that it was missing and they would put a trace on it to find it.

About an hour later I received a call stating that they found it and it was scheduled to be in route to it's destination the next morning 12/29 and I could pick it up on 12/30.

The next morning 12/29 (today), I checked the tracking again and noticed that it said that it was at my local FedEx depot and was being held for me to pick it up. The first thing that came to mind was WTF? They said it would be there on 12/30 for me to pick up????

So I go to pick it up and what a disaster..... SMDH

The box had been opened and taped shut again. When I got home, I did a further inspection and noticed that not only the outside box had been opened, but the inside cardboard box and the seal on the actual DJI Phantom box was also cut. I checked all the contents and the battery is missing!!!

So now I have sent over an email to the DJI store with pictures of the packaging before and after I opened each box and the contents. Now I sit here with a new bird with no battery thanks to FedEx's shitty service.

Note to self, don't ship FedEx again in the future.

Rant Over :(:mad::triumph:

Vic

Get a quote from DJI for a battery, then with received pics in hand you go to FedEx to file a claim on the stolen battery, is is stolen because one of their personnel broke into it.

I wouldn't blame FedEx. I'd blame the thief that works for FedEx. And it happens with all shipping companies.

You can file the claim with FedEx.

Although you are correct, the reason I said fedex sucks as a whole is due to the fact that this is the 3rd time they have either lost or damaged a package on it's way to me. I never had an issue with FedEx Express. Only FedEx Ground. Actually, I should say FedEx Ground sucks.

Get a quote from DJI for a battery, then with received pics in hand you go to FedEx to file a claim on the stolen battery, is is stolen because one of their personnel broke into it.

I sent an email to the DJI Online Sales support as per the instructions on their site. I will also call them when they open up to inquire about the issue.

Note to self, don't ship FedEx again in the future.

Rant Over :(:mad::triumph:

Vic

I have had good luck with Fedex, sorry to hear about this.

I had a rare and expensive vintage stereo amp shipped to me from Canada once via UPS. When the package arrived the carrier said that there was some balance due because of some international bs. I was excited to get my amp so I wrote UPS a check the carrier went on his way.

It was a bad idea to not inspect the box as it was badly damaged and parts were falling out!

once I got the box open, the amp was ruined. It looked like it had been dropped from 10 feet, onto an anvil...and the anvil won.

No worries, I paid a fortune in insurance. Filed a claim and long story longer, they told me to go piss up a flagpole.

I went around and around for weeks with them, how they could take my money for insurance and not give me the money as they ruined me amp.

They never wavered. The worst part? They sent me to collections for the check after they cashed it!

:mad:

I have had good luck with Fedex, sorry to hear about this.

I had a rare and expensive vintage stereo amp shipped to me from Canada once via UPS. When the package arrived the carrier said that there was some balance due because of some international bs. I was excited to get my amp so I wrote UPS a check the carrier went on his way.

It was a bad idea to not inspect the box as it was badly damaged and parts were falling out!

once I got the box open, the amp was ruined. It looked like it had been dropped from 10 feet, onto an anvil...and the anvil won.

No worries, I paid a fortune in insurance. Filed a claim and long story longer, they told me to go piss up a flagpole.

I went around and around for weeks with them, how they could take my money for insurance and not give me the money as they ruined me amp.

They never wavered. The worst part? They sent me to collections for the check after they cashed it!

:mad:

That's not good at all.

UPS had damaged a package on me once that had motorcycle parts in it. The box was torn apart. It looked like it went through a tornado and then put back together. The driver just left it with no signature required, so I didn't see it until I got home that afternoon. There were missing and broken parts. I had to send pictures to UPS claims department and they paid to replace it all. It took a few days to get it settled, but they paid up.

FedEx has been a **** show for me. The last issue I had with them was an iPhone that went missing. I was the shipper and had it insured to the retail value of the phone, because that's what it would cost to replace it. They "lost" the package and then wouldn't pay. They made me wait 15-20 days so they could do a trace on the package and investigate into the disappearance. I waited over a month and they refused to pay the insured value. They only paid what the phone was sold for. So I had to get eBay involved because I wasn't going to pay retail value to get a new iPhone so the buyer could get it. In the end, I received negative feedback from the buyer because he never got his iPhone even though he knew what was going on and he got a full refund. Granted I still got what the phones selling price was, but the BS that I went through and negative feedback was not worth it at all. Since that, I never ship FedEx. I only receive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik