FEDEX bites

Reaction score
Sat at home ALL day waiting for my bird to show up (8 to 5:30). I am actually off for a week end, for a change. Wife is gone visiting relatives. I have all week end to be uninterrupted for my own pleasures. I sat at the house until 5:30 and finally gave up and when to town for something to eat. So I left a note, with my phone number, that I would be back in 10 minutes. :!: Dirty little cat litter biscuit must have been sitting around the corner waiting for me to leave. The FEDEX tracking site said he showed at the house at 5:37. The little slip of paper says they will try again on Tuesday between 8 and 5:30 ... :x I work EVERYDAY till 6pm.. :head explodey: :x

Yeah... because they have nothing better to do then sit "around the corner" waiting to mess with your schedule... OR wait 10 minutes for you to get back.

Around my place, I can tell you that FedEx typically shows up at my door around 4:00. Did you really not have a more educated guess as to when they'd be there??

I got the same driver !!! :D I live in a rural area and they are all sub contractors and not even FEDEX direct employees, you never know when or who it will be, lighten up on him, he sit waiting through the entire business day in hopes and got missed by 7 minutes, you would be frustrated too...

If tracking showed they would deliver that day, you NEVER leave until after dark. If I knew I had to sign for it, would never had left that house. They, both Fed/Ups, almost always stop at my house as the last place they have on the truck. Sometimes 4:00 Pm and if they were real busy 7:00 Pm. You just have to wait for good thing to arrive.....

RipperFox said:
Sat at home ALL day waiting for my bird to show up (8 to 5:30). I am actually off for a week end, for a change. Wife is gone visiting relatives. I have all week end to be uninterrupted for my own pleasures. I sat at the house until 5:30 and finally gave up and when to town for something to eat. So I left a note, with my phone number, that I would be back in 10 minutes. :!: Dirty little cat litter biscuit must have been sitting around the corner waiting for me to leave. The FEDEX tracking site said he showed at the house at 5:37. The little slip of paper says they will try again on Tuesday between 8 and 5:30 ... :x I work EVERYDAY till 6pm.. :head explodey: :x

I have kids and my schedule can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. When waiting for FedEx or UPS to deliver something I'm anxious for, I always call and ask them to hold at my local facility. As soon as the shipper sends me the tracking number, I call. Their local facility is open a little later and this way I can pick it up at my leisure. It'll also almost always be available sooner at their counter than if it was sitting in their loading bay waiting for the truck to be filled.

I have kids and my schedule can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. When waiting for FedEx or UPS to deliver something I'm anxious for, I always call and ask them to hold at my local facility. As soon as the shipper sends me the tracking number, I call. Their local facility is open a little later and this way I can pick it up at my leisure. It'll also almost always be available sooner at their counter than if it was sitting in their loading bay waiting for the truck to be filled.

In addition, once you have the tracking number, you can usually go online and reschedule the delivery for a different time or location or for it to be held for pickup.

-- Roger

dkr77573 said:
A great idea IF you don't have the facility like I have. They keep their phone number as private as possible and change it often. Reason from them is it just takes too much time running to the phone 100 times a day answering the question: "When will my package arrive?"
The other, and best way, mentioned by jadebox, is the online delivery change option you have.

I hate getting huge deliveries at my doorstep because of stuff that OP mentioned.

You wait all day, you fall asleeep, note left on door.

Seriously, my courier just yells out FEDEX from like 50 feet away of my door once cause he can't get through the gate.. if I don't go running out the door within 30 seconds, he'd leave.

That's why whenever I get a FEDEX or UPS package, I automatically send it to the nearest office for will call.. at least FEDEX offices closes pretty late (like around 11 in my area) or I could always pick up at my earliest convenience.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj