Fed up of busy body's

Reaction score
so I've been off work for past 2 weeks, ankle ligament reconstruction, managed to get out a couple of times and both times there's was somebody that didn't ruin it for me but p****d me right off.

The 1st time I was out with the old man and we were minding our own business on the forest doing our thing, when a bloke matched up to is and as always they have the most aggressively attitude " you can't fly them here mate"

1st though ... I ant ya mate .. MATE LOL

Me pa said por qua ( French for why) lol I looked at hin for a second and though not even worth using any oxygen to reply to him.

The second time wifey took me to calshot beach so I could chase some cruise ships ( sensibly obviously ) and people pay a yearly fee to fish on this beach, so anyways I there was a oldish guy with his grandson and one of the guys who works for the beach must of came to check his permet, totally ignored me and he saw me. Ignored me until the fisherman complained about me. Apparently this council owned part of the beach prohibits drone launching. DRONE LAINCHING LOL.

I wasn't bothering this guy or anybody else I was 1-1/2 miles out over the Solent sea

I mean come on why are these people so bothered about us flying drones. I mean I'm not near anyone, I'm not talking or interfering with anyone around me, I always knew this issue existed but not until recently I really got wound up by it.

These people just like to stick there ore in. Man it's so fricking annoying , I mean what a policy. You can't launch a drone from here lol. I want to fly over The Solent and the beach is the only place to launch from lol

And the same with the forest there's a by-law sais s you can't fly drones. I mean come on these by-laws are hundred of years old and so long as you don't bother the animals what's he blooming harm.

And the thing that really gets me is that technically your in nobody's airspace. I mean how can someone own the free air we breathe in.

Anyway rant over sorry, I just wish the world would wake up.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Totally agree with you 100% mate. I stay away from people and go at a height off 200 metres. People can complain and I'm like "sorry, I had no idea you wanted to walk 200 metres up there" Lol some people are melons.

Reactions: macoman and Dazzauk
I don't know in which country you are but in the US, some local cities have their own law that maybe different than the FAA. You just need to investigate and call if it's possible to make sure you can fly.

I don't know in which country you are but in the US, some local cities have their own law that maybe different than the FAA. You just need to investigate and call if it's possible to make sure you can fly.

I'm in the U.k

[QUOTE
These people just like to stick there ore in. Man it's so fricking annoying..........Anyway rant over sorry, I just wish the world would wake up.[/QUOTE]
.............................................................................................

C'mon - where you been ? Back here on Planet Earth we have HUMANS. And HUMANS have human nature...meaning...you do anything slightly different from the ordinary dull life most people have, and they go bananas and try and make trouble for you...!

I have a VERY old car I like to drive...( a 1938 Packard V-12 )......some people like to see it...others come up to me with all kinds of hostile questions and comments......because it is "different".....

Wife and I have a nice boat. Larger than what most other boaters have - so I am obvious when we launch with our big truck and multi-axle trailer. Yup....hostile questions and comments...because it is "different".

My airplane is an amphibian ( Lake 200 ). Wife and I like to taxi up to an isolated beach.... Like to have a dime for everyone who has called the police with this or that complaint.

I live on an isolated air-strip ( AZ 27) that I share with fellow aviation-oriented families. Neighbor saw me operating my new drone ( I just got one a couple of weeks ago...a Phantom 3). You guessed it....hostility. Well...for a while....now he wants one !

Bottom line - humans are what they are....which explains why I try and stay as far from them as I can !

Reactions: Dazzauk
[/QUOTE

Bottom line - humans are what they are....which explains why I try and stay as far from them as I can ![/QUOTE]

My wife's always telling me I don't like people lol.

TBH I prefer animals

[QUOTE........TBH I prefer animals[/QUOTE]

. . .

Couple of comments about your post.

First of all...not clear what the capital letters "TBH" stand for. Someone "clue me in"...

Yes....I like animals too...that is...when they are properly prepared and cooked. Tasty !

As for those who complain about my having fun with my drone....hmmmm.....my government did train me to hunt...well...to hunt HUMANS. But they didn't train us on the best way to PREPARE therm. So I am not clear ( YET ) how they would taste........

[QUOTE........TBH I prefer animals

. . .

Couple of comments about your post.

First of all...not clear what the capital letters "TBH" stand for. Someone "clue me in"...

Yes....I like animals too...that is...when they are properly prepared and cooked. Tasty !

As for those who complain about my having fun with my drone....hmmmm.....my government did train me to hunt...well...to hunt HUMANS. But they didn't train us on the best way to PREPARE therm. So I am not clear ( YET ) how they would taste........[/QUOTE]

Ha ha TBH ( too be honest )

I myself always wondered what humans would taste like ??

I live and California and it's really frustrating how many times someone has come up to me trying to restrict my hobby, especially when they have no law to back it up, or any authority

I live and California and it's really frustrating how many times someone has come up to me trying to restrict my hobby, especially when they have no law to back it up, or any authority

Yeah that's the other thing people have no authority but they seem to like to tell us drone flyers what to do lol

No I could understand it if we were annoying people or doing something silly and dangerous but when you drone is not even in sight or sound and all these busy body's can see is someone with a small tablet and white controller lol

Yes it seems like I'm a magnet to lookers and I'm fine with answering questions and explaining but I'm tired of hearing how my entire hobby is destructive and a way to harass and stalk on people from 400 feet

.......I live in California.....
.....................................................................................................

Please correct your post. NOT POSSIBLE to live in California. Nobody actually lives in California...... You are mis-representing the situation - you poor guy...you EXIST in California........... I know from personal experience.......wife and I used to EXIST in California...but we got smart and escaped....! We now LIVE in Arizona...!

.....................................................................................................

Please correct your post. NOT POSSIBLE to live in California. Nobody actually lives in California...... You are mis-representing the situation - you poor guy...you EXIST in California........... I know from personal experience.......wife and I used to EXIST in California...but we got smart and escaped....! We now LIVE in Arizona...!

lol we've been trying to escape to Oregon, not possible at the moment unfortunately

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan