Fear the end is near.....

Reaction score
So been working in another country for last month or two so been quite in-active here..

anyways... I'm just not to sure what to do with my quad....save and sell for parts (basically just the camera and wifi module) or fly it till it crashes... which might be soon... as per my topic :/

Had the ol girl for just over a year.. thoroughly enjoyed flying and modding it... actually enjoyed tinkering abit more than flying at times... Had great luck with it compared to alot of others, which is well lucky :)
I keep the wifi permanantly boosted to 17mw for both phantom and RE and the wifi module (which had the thermal paste mod done it) lasted for 10 months of heavy usage. Had 1 REAL (yes REAL) fly away, but luckily it flew back.. so still a fly away... I just got lucky.

The reasons why I suspect it might not live much longer are:

- The 2x batteries are almost at 200 cycles each which is quite a feat by its self it seems... just due to the fact that alot of people have issues after 50 or so... (well I suppose you only hear the negative not positive).
- I get the battery error when it uses to many amps when I ascend for to long.. this is due to the 2312 upgrade, as others have also found.. to get around this I now just ascend in increments... go, stop, go stop etc.
- Originally after a few weeks I got the cracks on one motor arm, which alot of people also reported... after being away for a while and doing an inspection I've noticed 3 of the arms have cracks, the original arm being the worst.. None of the cracks go all the way through, but some are bigger than the original 'hairline' cracks.
- Also have a crack on the top of the shell... not sure how the hell that got there.. hasn't crashed or anything and spends its life in a heavy duty case with foam.

I'm still on naza firmware 3.06 or 3.08 as I don't have any issues, software wise... and no reason to upgrade. Not sure if the battery error/amps thing would of been fixed in the upgrade, from what I can see in release notes it hasn't.

All in all I've had all those issues for a while and it has survived, obviously the battery cycles increases the more I use it, which is a good thing; However all the cracks are scarring me now.

So I'm wondering... how much is the camera unit worth these days ?? and besides that and the wifi module is there anything else worth abit of money used ? I know there are 100's of parts, but mainly focusing on the expensive parts... I know for e.g the 4x motors and ESC are worth about $240AUD brand new, not exactly worth much used... It all adds up I guess..

So what would you folks do ??

Spend 2x $100 and buy 2 brand new batteries ?? perhaps spend a little money on a new shell to ??
or save the $$, sell the camera/parts for what ever I can get and get a Phantom 3/something else ???

Just not sure how much stuff is worth used these days seems I've been out of it for a little while :/

Sell everything you have except your heavy duty case and buy the P3 Professional Through DJI this weekend during their Black Friday sale. I have been watching used Phantoms for sale in local classifieds and eBay. A lot of people expect to sell their old P2 Vision+ for the same price as someone could buy a brand new P3 Advanced. Their ads just keep getting re-listed and never sells. You should expect to get about $450-$500 for your setup. Any more than that and someone could just buy the P3 Standard.for $599 during the sales this weekend.

If it were me if go for the new shell and a couple of batteries. The old gal has done well and should continue to do so. I also found a crack or two but crash glue did wonders. Mine was on one are and all the way through. Just spread it open and glued now like new. I two have the P2 visions and would not trade sell or exchange for a 3. Am well satisfied with Their operation after hundreds of flights of different natures. The 1080p video against a 2 or 4 k just is not with the difference. I like that my ESC's are separate from the main board and the P2 is easier to trouble shoot and repair. These gals are just to nice to give up. You love them tenderly and they perform well. Couldn't ask for anything better. Do yourself a favor and give enough a little love and they'll keep on going. Fly high my friend!

Reactions: yorlik
If it were me if go for the new shell and a couple of batteries. The old gal has done well and should continue to do so. I also found a crack or two but crash glue did wonders. Mine was on one are and all the way through. Just spread it open and glued now like new. I two have the P2 visions and would not trade sell or exchange for a 3. Am well satisfied with Their operation after hundreds of flights of different natures. The 1080p video against a 2 or 4 k just is not with the difference. I like that my ESC's are separate from the main board and the P2 is easier to trouble shoot and repair. These gals are just to nice to give up. You love them tenderly and they perform well. Couldn't ask for anything better. Do yourself a favor and give enough a little love and they'll keep on going. Fly high my friend!
To keep the cracks from propogating, drill a small hole at each end. This will put in a stress relief. Then glue away.

First off.....
Dave: Sooo sorry for my lazyness in getting back to you. I see I have your addy/details... I will send you the GPS free and even pay for postage... no need for any payment. Will send you a PM incase you don't see this.

Thanks for the replies folks. I also tend to agree with what you have mentioned Roy. While 4k is amazing im not in a position to take full or any real advantage from it. Having the built in lidgebridge would be awesome but I live in a metro city and again would struggle to take full advantage from it.

I guess i kind of want a brand new p2v+ but at a price inline with it being old stock lol...
Would just be foolish to pay for a brand new one (if I could find one) when a P3 isnt much more.

I guess for $300-350AUD (2x batteries and top/bottom shell) I could give her a new lease on life.

Thanks everybody for not just saying to sell up and buy a P3... I know this is the P2V+ subforum, but still :) oh and thanks for the tips in dealing with the cracks everyone.

Btw I am in Australia so we dont get black friday sales here, while we do have the internet in which to order stuff hehe.... the $US/$AUD has gone from a lovely almost 1:1 for the last crapload of years to a shocking 0.67 or there abouts...
I cant believe the $USD and $EUD is almost the same!! :/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj