Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. LemmyArrow1

Hello everyone , I'm curious on what people are investing their money on, in regards to plug-ins. I've used and enjoyed FCP Studio until FCP X. Red Giant was my go to company to add to an app. that I owned.

I now use Premier Pro CC because I am comfortable with the (old school? ...ahem) timeline but am hesitant to invest in an app. that I do not own . Anyone heavily invest in plug-ins for Premier Pro CC ?

Advice, experience appreciated ..

Thanks in advance ...M

2. MPPilot

I didn't want to get vested in what is appearing to be abandonware with FCPX and like you I don't like the idea of "renting" software. I found DaVinci Resolve. It is a full editing suite and if you are comfortable with Premier or FCP keystroked you can continue to use them with it. Oh, it free.

LemmyArrow1 likes this.
  3. LemmyArrow1

Thanks MPP ! I totally forgot about BM ..

4. Stacy Cobb

I've been using FCP since it arrived on the scene at version 1. When 10 came out I was a little hesitant but decided to jump in. I was called many names because of this decision. Well it was worth it. I'm probably 30% more efficient now than I ever was on earlier versions. It's crazy fas and the product coming out in the end looks so much better than anything I could get out I the earlier versions.

I also pay monthly for CC because I use After Effects along with many of the other products. But between Premiere and FCPX there is no comparison. FCPX is much better and much faster.

LemmyArrow1 likes this.
  5. RJ_Make

Put me down for +1 for Resolve. Every time I use Resolve, I'm just blown away that BM has given most of it to us for free, absolutely amazing software

6. Stacy Cobb

I see the color correction version is free but they are asking $995 for the studio version. Which one are you using?

7. MPPilot

I am using the free version. There is very little difference between the two. The only thing I have found that i can't use in the free version is lens correction. There are probably some other advanced features missing, but nothing I have needed. Lots of tutorials and reviews in YouTube. Have a look. The only thing you are risking is time.