FCP X vs Premiere Pro CC..Own vs Rent

Reaction score
Hello everyone , I'm curious on what people are investing their money on, in regards to plug-ins. I've used and enjoyed FCP Studio until FCP X. Red Giant was my go to company to add to an app. that I owned.

I now use Premier Pro CC because I am comfortable with the (old school? ...ahem) timeline but am hesitant to invest in an app. that I do not own . Anyone heavily invest in plug-ins for Premier Pro CC ?

Advice, experience appreciated ..

Thanks in advance ...M

I didn't want to get vested in what is appearing to be abandonware with FCPX and like you I don't like the idea of "renting" software. I found DaVinci Resolve. It is a full editing suite and if you are comfortable with Premier or FCP keystroked you can continue to use them with it. Oh, it free.

Reactions: LemmyArrow1
Put me down for +1 for Resolve. Every time I use Resolve, I'm just blown away that BM has given most of it to us for free, absolutely amazing software

I see the color correction version is free but they are asking $995 for the studio version. Which one are you using?
I am using the free version. There is very little difference between the two. The only thing I have found that i can't use in the free version is lens correction. There are probably some other advanced features missing, but nothing I have needed. Lots of tutorials and reviews in YouTube. Have a look. The only thing you are risking is time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20