FCC vs CE which one do i want?

Reaction score
i have just upgraded the firmware in my P2V, and noticed that it is in CE mode. is this what I want? I live in the US

Whats the difference?

ok, just an update - when I turn my RC on I get 2 beeps, according to the software that means that I am in FCC mode, but the software has CE mode selected.. confused!!

If you live in the US, you want FCC. It will give you greater range, anyway.

CE is for Europe, et al. Tougher restrictions over there mean shorter range allowed.

Don't know about the beeps, though. That is odd. Trying to remember how many beeps I get on mine...

mtsoule said:
i have just upgraded the firmware in my P2V, and noticed that it is in CE mode. is this what I want? I live in the US

Whats the difference?

ok, just an update - when I turn my RC on I get 2 beeps, according to the software that means that I am in FCC mode, but the software has CE mode selected.. confused!!

The beep thing is a hardware setup (screw on the back) the software however overrules this (meaning hw can be set to FCC, if software is in CE, you get CE). If HW is set to CE and software is set to FCC, you get... CE. So: HW and SW must both be set to FCC to get FCC range. (From my own experience).

ok, the software was set to CE and I was getting 2 beeps (fcc mode) then I just changed the software to FCC, and I am still getting 2 beeps. and when I restart the software it come up in FCC mode now and 2 beeps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl