FCC or CE

Reaction score
I am correct in assuming that if I am in the US the RC is using the FCC mode instead of the CE?

Thanks

Yes.

That would be correct. You used to be able to change it via an opening in the back of the TX.
The current models do not have that any longer as they automatically are set to the correct setting.

You used to be able to change it via an opening in the back of the TX.
I didn't know that. Thanks sir for that tidbit of knowledge.

I didn't know that. Thanks sir for that tidbit of knowledge.
Right through that hole.
Oddly enough, the P3 Standard uses the same shell as the P2 controllers so the hole is still there but the switch pot under it is no longer there.

IMG_2464.jpg

Huh, my bird has CE stickers. Can they have those stickers but still be correctly set for fcc without the user doing anything? I always assumed my US bird is fcc set.

That setting is automatically set based on your Phantom's current GPS location.

Reactions: shockwave199
That setting is automatically set based on your Phantom's current GPS location.
I would not of thought that fcc or ce certification would be based on gps software.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Right through that hole.
Oddly enough, the P3 Standard uses the same shell as the P2 controllers so the hole is still there but the switch pot under it is no longer there.

View attachment 51982

So would it be feasible to open up one and solder in a switch?

I wish someone would just hack the Phantom firmware so we could manually change the region as that's something a lot of people in UK and Europe would pay for.

So would it be feasible to open up one and solder in a switch?

I wish someone would just hack the Phantom firmware so we could manually change the region as that's something a lot of people in UK and Europe would pay for.
Hi just wondering if CE/FCC is set by the DJI app Would a third party app not change the setting from FCC to CE .I read somewhere that a guy solved his range problem this way.Or is the location determined by the Phantom its self .Just a thought

Would a third party app not change the setting from FCC to CE
I've never seen a 3rd party app that has access to this setting. 3rd party apps use DJI's SDK -- and, I don't think DJI would ever expose that setting to the SDK.

I've never seen a 3rd party app that has access to this setting. 3rd party apps use DJI's SDK -- and, I don't think DJI would ever expose that setting to the SDK.
Ok I just looked up what SDK is and I understand it a bit better now . I am in Australia so I'm not sure which setting we are on (probably CE ,we have plenty of space and not many people but hey we have a high number of bureaucrats per head of population and they love regulations)
I'm still trying to work out how to get more than 500-600m out of my Standard fitted with a DBS booster thought a different app might help

Ok I just looked up what SDK is and I understand it a bit better now . I am in Australia so I'm not sure which setting we are on (probably CE ,we have plenty of space and not many people but hey we have a high number of bureaucrats per head of population and they love regulations)
I'm still trying to work out how to get more than 500-600m out of my Standard fitted with a DBS booster thought a different app might help
You really need a P3A or P3P with Lightbridge if you want to go farther. The Wifi technology used on that STANDARD is really limiting with all the TCPIP two way handshaking that's happening on the control and video connections. It requires a much more solid connection to work right, hence it peters out sooner than Lightbridge supported craft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.