FCC mode

Reaction score
I know there are a ton of topics about this on here but I looked and I haven't found anything saying where or HOW to check if FCC mode is illegal in my state. and Can any of you fly your P2V full fpv or do you still have to keep it in LOS? can the V+ be flown in full fpv?

As far as I know, by it's very designation, FCC is the mode that adhere's to the legal specifications set forth by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission - a US regulatory agency) and is thus legal in all of the United States, and CE is the mode that adheres to the legal specifications in Europe.

I don't know exactly where you are based, but since you mention "state" I'm guessing it's US. So you are good with FCC mode.

And, again, AFAIK, there are no Federal regulations, yet, on FPV flight. But, just from experience, LOS is always a good idea. ;-)

Yes on the states and good ..I have yet to use the FCC mode just was a tad on the safe side but cool and yeah I always keep LOS usually just wondering if one could get a better FPV experience from the stock phone fpv, mine is usually 3-5 seconds behind the actual phantom. I wasn't sure if that was just mine or all of them without modding it.

If I remember right, FCC mode only affects the actual tx... it doesn't do anything to vx. So the FPV experience isn't going to change (between CE and FCC mode). You'd need to get an RE700 extender for that. Or mod the existing extender.

melenco4 said:
I know there are a ton of topics about this on here but I looked and I haven't found anything saying where or HOW to check if FCC mode is illegal in my state. and Can any of you fly your P2V full fpv or do you still have to keep it in LOS? can the V+ be flown in full fpv?

I have p2v with ipad mini .. im using p2v+ tx and wifi booster re700 .. last range test 8200ft radius 1621 altitude.. although it isn't wise to go that high due to obvious safety issues it also is much more windy up there and could cause a lost phantom ?.. for the record when I did the alt test it was out of any flight paths and I went straight up and back down .. I usually fly under 300ft as you get best pics at under 300ft imo

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c41LUKdIlI[/youtube]

It's dangerous to fly so high!...Just look what happened to this Guy.

colonelangus , your vids are pretty smooth for the vision what software do you use to edit with?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20