FCC mode Question??

Reaction score
Ok. On the back of my remote I have 2 holes. One is above the other. When I turn in remote it beeps twice to indicate that I'm in FCC mode. But I can turn the knob in both holes all the way to the left and turn on remote still beeps twice. If I turn the knobs all the way to the right it still beeps twice. So my question is which direction gives me the most power??

Thanks.

Two Beeps = FCC = More Tx Power = More Distance.

You Can Change Via Phantom Software As Well, Which I Found Easier.

I'm not seeing it in the software.

It does beep twice but does it matter which direction the knobs on the back are turned? Reguardless of which way I turn them the remote will still beep twice when powered on. Does it get more power when turned counter clockwise or clockwise??

This is clearly explained in the current manual (section 5.8).
Reading it there is faster and more certain than asking poorly worded questions and deciphering confused answers on a forum.

I would agree but I do not have my owners manual with me.

I do believe Forums were made to ask questions and sharing ideas.

I just received the new version this morning and can report mine is doing the same thing. I'm getting two beeps not matter what.

The second hole is for the gimbal vertical control should you later decide to install and use it. Power for the gimbal is turned on in the software. Most if not all the US quads are setup with switch setting in the FCC position now. That is why you SHOULD be getting two beeps on transmitter startup.

Even if I turn the knob to the left, I'm still getting two beeps. I completely understand that it may come with FCC as the default setting, but the screw does not seem to make any impact when I turn it left or right.

I found the same thing. The software appears to be override that screw.

lsteigerwalt said:
I think we are missing the point of his question...he states that he can turn the screws either way and still get two beeps...is the software overiding the screw?

It is not. That's the way it works (according manual).

To get to "CE" mode, your firmware setting (RC Assistant) and your hardware (screw) needs to match. If there's a mismatch, it'll default to FCC mode.

Since DJI ships in FCC mode (both firmware & hardware), him turning he screw w/o changing the firmware setting will result in either both firmware & hardware in FCC mode or a mismatch which will result in defaulting to FCC mode.

I would suggest reading the manual.

Boy, you guys don't really read the instruction on the software eh?

Screen shot taken directly from RC Assistant software. Please see highlighted part.

Attachments

• FCC.jpg
    FCC.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 305
Bottom Line:

If you want to be able to toggle between FCC & CE mode via screw on your controller. Set the firmware (via RC Assistant) to CE mode. Then when you turn your hardware screw to CE mode, the 2 settings match and you are in CE mode and if you turn your screw to FCC mode, the two settings contradict and the default is set to FCC.

However, if you set your firmware (via RC Assistant) to FCC mode, the screw will appear as if having no effect. Because if you turn the screw to FCC mode, both settings match and you are in FCC mode but if you turn the screw to CE mode, the two settings (firmware vs. hardware) contradict and thus defaulting to FCC mode. So the net result is that you always get FCC mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31