FCC ID SS3-WM3221510 - W322B - New revision of P3A?

Reaction score
The FCC ID SS3-WM3221510 (DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, "W322B") appeared on FCC Applications by SS3 SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong N/A China. It has reduced power output (0.63 W -> 0.55 W) and its model number is W322B. It should be using the old motors (2312?). Seems like FCC somehow messed up and already published the Internal Photos, despite that DJI requested for a short-term confidential treatment as in https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2799200. The documents are available at OET List Exhibits Report or FCC ID SS3-WM3221510 by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD for Phantom 3 Advanced.

Coppertint

For all of us non-techno Phantom owners, what does this mean "FCC ID SS3-WM3231510. FCC ID SS3-WM3231510 by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD " in plain ol English

This means a newer revision of P3P (model number: W323B) is submitted to the Federal Communications Commission, and was granted a certification to legally sell the product in the U.S..
From the FCC website:

FCC ID numbers are displayed on devices and indicate that the device has received a grant of authorization from the FCC.

Aside from the legal part, this probably links to the recent increase of control and Lightbridge distance from 1.2 miles to 3.1 miles.

Reactions: bobmyers
SO what is the difference between A & B versions ?​

Indeed, I too would like to know, as I just received my new Advanced and it is W322B for the model number.

I think there has been a very minor tweak in frequencies and power levels, other than that, no idea.

Just a quick update as my new W322B Advanced arrived today. it shipped with 1.4 what + firmware which I have not updated yet, it still lands hard in auto land (tested just to see if it would also do it like others) but distance is unbelievable, I felt like it wanted to keep going and keep going and keep going (and it did). Was the original advanced and Pro limited to 1.2 miles? Because this one will definitely do 3.1.

Just a quick update as my new W322B Advanced arrived today. it shipped with 1.4 what + firmware which I have not updated yet, it still lands hard in auto land (tested just to see if it would also do it like others) but distance is unbelievable, I felt like it wanted to keep going and keep going and keep going (and it did). Was the original advanced and Pro limited to 1.2 miles? Because this one will definitely do 3.1.
The 1.2 miles was just a specification that DJI put out, most all P3's got much better actual range.

You may want to check the log file on the SD card for the AC FW version. I believe 1.4.1+ (displayed in the GO app) is actually 1.5.3, which most recommend not to fly with.

The 1.2 miles was just a specification that DJI put out, most all P3's got much better actual range.

You may want to check the log file on the SD card for the AC FW version. I believe 1.4.1+ (displayed in the GO app) is actually 1.5.3, which most recommend not to fly with.

what is recommended to fly with? the newest one, or the one below the 1.5.3? Are there any specific issues?

what is recommended to fly with? the newest one, or the one below the 1.5.3? Are there any specific issues?
1.4.1 is fine as well as 1.6.4. There is a issue in 1.5.3 relating to battery voltage measurements.
If you can verify the FW version by looking in the log file on the SD card, that would be best. As I mentioned, I believe the + indicates the next version.

I recommend the latest, and have had no issues with 1.6.4 - but others have different opinions which have been discussed in depth in the forms.

If you do in fact have 1.5.3 on the AC and want to take some time to investigate the pros and cons of the latest FW, I would likely downgrade to 1.4.1 and fly that while deciding.

1.4.1 is fine as well as 1.6.4. There is a issue in 1.5.3 relating to battery voltage measurements.
If you can verify the FW version by looking in the log file on the SD card, that would be best. As I mentioned, I believe the + indicates the next version.

I recommend the latest, and have had no issues with 1.6.4 - but others have different opinions which have been discussed in depth in the forms.

If you do in fact have 1.5.3 on the AC and want to take some time to investigate the pros and cons of the latest FW, I would likely downgrade to 1.4.1 and fly that while deciding.

I appreciate your input and sorry for coming off like a n00b, I just hate firmware updates if not necessary. my P3 Standard, I purposely disconnected my iPad from the internet so it wouldn't check for updates, and had no issues with it. I checked my SD card, but there is no LOG file on it at all, all hidden files shown and everything. I will just go ahead and upgrade to the latest to hopefully avoid any of the Voltage issues that were in 1.5.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers