Fc40 won't fly normal unpredictable

Gladd you got your Phantom under control. I had an issue with my rc controller last month, it was sending bad signals to the Phantom . I added a tilt knob to the controller and messed up the board :eek:
Keeping her tied down was a good thing . Replaced the rc with the new unit with the tilt wheel ,tested her again and all good.

Hi Tallyrver

Yes got there in the end but it's been a frustrating few weeks. On the plus side I know a lot more about my phantom now so that can only be good. Been having great fun with it since. Slowly getting some confidence flying it.

I've never bought myself one because I worried it would end up in a cupboard not being used, but these things are very addictive. My old Tamiya Hornet RC car hasn't seen much action lately though. Really must take that for a spin too soon.

Oh that sucks, sort of thing that would happen to me. I have a tarot 2d gimbal ready to go on, just waiting for an adaptor plate to come from China for it. Also have a little lever coming that fits on the back to tilt the go pro. Have a tracker ready to fit to it in case it does decide to fly off at any point. I have also decided to join a local model flying club to meet like minded people in my area. Thinking about setting up a DJI facebook page to arrange meet ups too. For fun I'd like to set up courses, hoops and obstacles to fly through and make a bit of a competition during the meets make things a bit more exciting rather than everyone standing around flying and doing their own thing.

Need to look in to third party insurance too, think it might be a good idea.

Glad you got yours sorted mate, speak soon.

Awesome to see man. That looks rock steady now. I also learned a lot about these after a few big crashes on my fc40 then learned a real lot about them after I bought a crashed p2v that had up graded t motors in it that was really cheap and was only supposed to of had a damaged camera. But then it got even more messed up when it was shipped. Tho the seller was very cool and when I sent him the pictures of the phantom that looked nothing like it did in the pictures on ebay he felt totally bad and refunded me my money. About the only thing that was still useable was the landing gear ,compass on the leg,wires,naza and 1 motor,2 escs. and the transmitter. I eventually got it all working one pcs at a time and for a I even had all the cracks in the shell repaired and even had on of the arms just like how you described your fc40 was with one of the rings snapped off.

Then about a month later he bought a huge lot of busted ones from dji and he picked out one with a perfect shell and missing a lot of the guts. and sent it to me completely unsolicited. By the time I had the whole thing fixed and as good as new I pretty much had spent almost as much as one would of cost new(tho lol I told my girl friend it only cost about $300 all together which is sort of true if I dont count the $500 the replacement camera cost.) and basically it was a build my own phantom vision by the time It was done. But I learned a heck of a lot more about them then I ever wanted to have to know because of it.

Hey J.James

I'm having so much fun with it now :), there was a time there when I didn't think I would ever get it going again.

Sounds like you had a steep learning curve too, so thankful for that, or you couldn't have helped Colin, and in turn wouldn't have been able to help me, still can't believe we did the exact same thing, really glad he posted a video of his, that's what made me pay attention because I had seen mine doing the same thing so many times !

Sounds like the guy that you got your P2V from had a conscience, maybe there is hope after all. The guy mine came from made lots pf promises but never actually made good on any of them. I am missing the case that the FC40 camera goes in to attach to the bracket, looking for a case is pretty much impossible, looks like I am going to have to buy a whole new camera just for the case, thats is I can get one, even DJI dont sell them anymore, have tried a few DJI Dealers in the UK but none stock the camera anymore. At this rate I may need to see if I can find someone with a 3D printer and see if they will make me one lol.

I'm slowly getting my confidence with it, only had three flights since that video, but am zooming it around a bit quicker now, though still get really nervous taking it up high. I need to test out the failsafe feature, something that is also making me nervous, after all the time I put in to it, not to mention money, I desperately don't want it to fly away lol.

Thanks again mate, really appreciate it :).

I am missing the case that the FC40 camera goes in to attach to the bracket, looking for a case is pretty much impossible, looks like I am going to have to buy a whole new camera just for the case, thats is I can get one, even DJI dont sell them anymore, have tried a few DJI Dealers in the UK but none stock the camera anymore.

ya the only place to get the frame and the holder is to buy a whole new camrea or find someone whos camera crapped out and had to buy a whole new one that might have a spare holder and case they might want to sell you. Try posting in the classifieds you might get lucky.

ya it is getting hard to even find one of the camrea's and there prices shooting up big time at any place that has them I got one just before christmass to replace mine that got lost about 100 feet up in a tree that ripped the entire cam and frame off and was never able to find it. When i got the new one a few weeks ago I picked it up for $69US on amazon then a few days later then shot up to $99 then $129 and now I see a few sellers with them as high as $149 to $189

It might be cheaper to buy one of the cheap Chinese gimbals that go for around $56-$79 that are made for a go pro and just velcro the fc40 camera to it. Then you would have a way to hold it and a gimbal to.

At this

They are getting expensive, I am watching a couple on ebay, but they keep going up right at the end. I think if I can get one, I could sell the camera itself to a RC Car enthusiast, they are idea to velcro on to those too as they are small and light and can be used with a phone app. They are actually great little cameras, I am impressed with them.

I have the Tarot 2D Gimbal, just waiting for an adaptor plate to fix it to the Phantom, and will be using that with my GoPro Hero 3 Black, not sure I want to get all the FPV stuff for that yet, so when I just want to mess around with it I would use the stock camera. At the moment I have it velcroed to the battery door tilted down slightly which works ok, but without the rubber donuts it gets the Jello effect every now and then. Plus I would like to have everything stock if I ever decide to sell and upgrade. I have the bracket and 2 of the donuts, so need at least one more donut and the case.

That sucks losing yours in the tree, shame you couldn't find it, glad you got another one though and before the prices shot up !

If this works, this is me looking very happy to have it working, my camera on the battery door. Actually even with the GoPro on without FPV, it might be handy to leave the stock one where it is so I can line up shots.... hmmm :)

1380526_895283530502276_7019216081484295287_n.jpg

Ive seen others stick it on there door like that while also useing a gopro then they have the fc40 cam to be able to see where they are going and record with the gopro.

if you do ever get a new fc40 cam so you can get the frame there also always people that still have a good frame but have a cam that crapped out that would probably buy your camera from you so they dont have to go buy a whole new camera kit again.

I'm going to go look in the spring again under the tree that my camera got lost in and I'm hoping with all the snow fall and high winds over the winter might of finally knocked it out of the tree. If I do find it again I'm sure the frame and the sd card will be the only thing thats any good still.. If i find it ill have an extra frame and holder and will let you know.

I really want to see the video and the main reason I want to go back and try and find it. it was a speculator crash and probably spectacular video of it. at about 800 feet up and about 1000 feet away I changed directions causing it to pitch forward and my my battery door flew open and my battery slid out and must of jerked its self free at the plug. Cause I found my battery right underneath were i seen some thing tiny and black fall straight down while the phantom fell but still had some side ways momentum to it and crashed in to the tops of some tress about 100 feet away from were it was over when it started to do its swan dive.

I hope you find yours mate, it would be awesome of the video was still useable, would be even better if you found it all and had a second camera to fall back on, though I would love to buy the frame and case off you if thats all you find if you dont mind posting to the UK.

Fingers crossed either way :).

If the camera survived the crash and didn't just shut off while recording the video it "should" still be on the sd card. and most sd cards are even water proof. So the sd card is the one thing that should still be workable and have the video as long as it saved before shutting off when the card was full or the cameras shutting its self off when the battery was getting low. Ive had the camera take ruffer bounces then what ever it probably got from the soft tree tops and just ripped away from the phantom when it got caught in the canopy. But iffffff I can even recover the video I'm really hopeing that with the camera facing and being aimed the way i had it that day. The best part of the video to catch would be if It happened to catch the very moment the battery dropped down and yanked its self free from the plug. The moment of going great 3 or 4 minutes in and it just doing dark on all the lights and turning from a flying machine to a rock all the sudden.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31