Fc40 wobbly in wind and also high pitch motor sound

Reaction score
Got an fc40 this week and I just wanted to see if what I'm experiencing is typical with the fc40 or just mine.

I was flying today in moderate wind. It was pretty ok but as I was lowering it to sub 10ft altitude it was very wobbly and kept moving around maybe 3ft or so which made it hard to hand catch. Is this normal?

Also I've noticed that the motors (or one/couple of them), sometimes have high shriek sound.. Like a jet engine. It's not super loud but not used to it with my p3.

Can you guys chime in from your FC40 experience?

The FC40 is nowhere near as strong as the P3 so it does struggle more in wind (I own both as well). Also, the GPS system is not as accurate as the P3's. Upgrading motors should help a lot though.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Got an fc40 this week and I just wanted to see if what I'm experiencing is typical with the fc40 or just mine.

I was flying today in moderate wind. It was pretty ok but as I was lowering it to sub 10ft altitude it was very wobbly and kept moving around maybe 3ft or so which made it hard to hand catch. Is this normal?

Also I've noticed that the motors (or one/couple of them), sometimes have high shriek sound.. Like a jet engine. It's not super loud but not used to it with my p3.

Can you guys chime in from your FC40 experience?

I've got the FC40 and the P1. We do get some pretty good winds and it's fun to fly in 20 to 25, but not too far downwind. The wind is never steady, always gusting and yep, both my birds get tossed around.

The high shriek sound, yep, hear that sometimes too. I listened for it this evening, after reading your post earlier today. It comes and goes. I've never had any issues with any motors though, they just keep spinning like the proverbial top.
Except for the other day when my 40 flopped into the ground... :rolleyes: I don't believe that was a motor issue though. Either the control frequency was interrupted or the battery/connection hiccupped. Or, I have no idea. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks ifly. Ok that makes me feel better. I just bought the 40 and glad to hear it's not a lemon. I've had the 40 before but don't remember how it flew.. Especially with the p3.. So weird to fly the first models.. But still a lot of fun. I think I'll always keep it for care free, monitor free, worry free flying.

Picture of my p3 and 40

Attachments

• 1437139526172.jpg
    1437139526172.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 1437139538242.jpg
    1437139538242.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 432
Reactions: IflyinWY
Yeah i only have the fc40 but I've had it for awhile. Don't worry too much about the wobbling, I have a gimbal with my fc40 cam and flew it at the beach, no problems. So u should have a hard time tipping or crashing it.

Thanks ifly. Ok that makes me feel better. I just bought the 40 and glad to hear it's not a lemon. I've had the 40 before but don't remember how it flew.. Especially with the p3.. So weird to fly the first models.. But still a lot of fun. I think I'll always keep it for care free, monitor free, worry free flying.

Picture of my p3 and 40
So on the Phantom with the red stripes in the picture, where did you get those motor guards for it? Never seen them before and they look cool plus add protection. Is that part of the top she'll or just a bolt on thing? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj