FC40 with Fatshark FPV

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone tried the FC40 with Fatshark FPV goggles ?
! was wondering if it is safe to use the 5.8ghz Fatshark setup with a FC40, Seen loads of 2.4ghz phantoms using Fatshark but not sure if the later 5.8ghz radio will be ok.
Made a nice foam mount for my Fatshark camera that fits inside the FC40 camera mount and stuck some velcro under body to mount the video transmitter but have not tried to fly it yet

There are plenty of reported flyaways with 2.4GHz Phantoms combined with GoPro cams with 2.4GHz WiFi turned on.

You should NOT hang a transmitter on your Phantom close to its receiver using the same frequency band as the transmitter in your hands which is at a much greater distance from the Phantom's receiver. Not unless you want it to flyaway or crash.

On a 5.8 GHz Phantom you should use a 2.4GHz FPV video link, as the FC40 or the P2V camera does.

Had a horrible feeling that the Fatshark 5.8ghz would interfere with the FC40 5.8ghz radio. I bought the Fatshark setup before the Phantom as i planned to buy a different type of quadcopter. Looks like the Fatshark gear is going on ebay.

chrisliles said:
Had a horrible feeling that the Fatshark 5.8ghz would interfere with the FC40 5.8ghz radio. I bought the Fatshark setup before the Phantom as i planned to buy a different type of quadcopter. Looks like the Fatshark gear is going on ebay.
i am in the exact same situation tell me you found a solution

chrisliles said:
dont do it! you can convert the fc40 to a 2.8 tx/rx

dbphantom said:
chrisliles said:

You mean a 2.4 tx/rx?

This is what I am in the process of doing. There doesn't seem to be much info on the conversion. To the best of my knowledge you just need to change the rx in the phantom and also change to the 2.4Ghz transmitter. Then switch the Naza to the 2.4Ghz setup (PPM).

If anyone knows any different then please let me know. cheers

FC40 Pilot said:
dbphantom said:
chrisliles said:

You mean a 2.4 tx/rx?

This is what I am in the process of doing. There doesn't seem to be much info on the conversion. To the best of my knowledge you just need to change the rx in the phantom and also change to the 2.4Ghz transmitter. Then switch the Naza to the 2.4Ghz setup (PPM).

If anyone knows any different then please let me know. cheers
mine works fine try emailing nabil at multirotorheli.ca he did mine he knows his ****

I mistakenly bought the fatshark predator v2 system for my fc40 before I realized that it runs at 5.8ghz. I can confirm that is definitely causes interference.

I'm in the process of investigating 2.3ghz tx/rx for fpv... Wonder what the cost would be to convert the fc40 over to 2.4ghz. What a bummer...

Hi, I also want to put 5.8ghz Fatshark FPV on my Phantom FC40. Inside the stock 5.8ghz transmitter, the module (where the antenna coax is attached) can be pulled off the main board and is attached using a connector. Question is, can the module be replaced with the 2.4ghz one found in the other versions of the Tx? It certainly looks like it would be able to be replaced, just a matter of finding a replacement. Does anyone know where to buy the module? I cant find it anywhere.

Hi guys

Ive been following this thread and have the same issue. Brought fatshark 5.8 etc but have brought a new 2.4ghz controller and rx but cannot bind the pair.

Did anybody get to the bottom on how to do this conversion? Im tearing my hair out here and even the expert shop seem to be at a loss.

Please please somebody help :(

I bought a 2.4ghz (2.3 really) FPV system, with GoPro cable from getfpv.com and installed it on the FC40 and it works great using the fatshark P2 goggles (using video in from 2.3ghz video rx).

However, I am now building a custom 250 scale racing quad that will have a 2.4 ghz radio system with a fatshark 5.8ghz FPV setup and am wondering if it's ok to run both quads in near proximity to each other without interference, anyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers