FC40, Walkera G-2D, GoPro 4, and PANICKING!

Tallyrver said:
Sometimes when I power mine on it acts funny,I power it off and back on it works. Is that a usb cable on the side of the GoPro? If so make sure it doesn't restrict the movement. I had to play around with my video cable so it was not pulling on the gimbal.
I have a toggle switch on the gimbal power wire, after the compass dance and right before lift off I flip the switch. The gimbal doesn't like extra movement.

Hy Tallyrver, no, it's not a USB cable, it's the cable to the NAZA, because I can't get that set up right until this settles in permanently I think. I ordered extended landing gear so hopefully that will help in getting it set up quicker and giving it enough clearance. I try to keep it as level as possible when launching, but the gimbal hits the surface. I'm so lost, I kind of want to start over with a new gimbal, I think I messed this one up beyond fixing.

Just to give a positive result with the G-2D gimbal. Bought and installed in August.

I only needed to adjust the V1 to give me proper tilt with the controller that I modified with a 5k linear pot and a front panel control knob.

The gimbal is perfectly stable with over 100 flights with a Hero 3+ black. Two curb crashes with no damage except for a prop. I added a small weight to the center of the front gimbal to balance the GoPro. Still had a little jello and slight jitter.

I got some much stiffer rubber "bells" that completely stabilized the video. The supplied bells were too spongy; the new ones are much stiffer.

Great product for $99 with standard delivery in three days from order via Amazon. Much satisfied!

Added an Amped SR10000 repeater. with a small flat antenna and one regular and get at least 800 feet video with the GoPro 3+.
Loose it on turns but pick it right up afterwards.

This is my controller with the Amped SR10000 and a Phantom LiPo Velcroed to the back.

Attachments

• FC40 Controller (2) (Large).jpg
    FC40 Controller (2) (Large).jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 329
  • FC40 Controller (1) (Large).jpg
    FC40 Controller (1) (Large).jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 300

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members