FC40 Vision ???

Reaction score
Don't know what to call it now but suppose it is still an FC40. Well I came across a Vision camera and repeater on eBay so I've been playing and got it working on my FC40. Power is linked into the spare power cable inside the shell but I doubt I will get telemetry but if anyone has any suggestions they will be welcome. Images are much better than the FC40 cam and if I lose wifi signal it doesn't shut the app down or log out it just quickly re connects automatically which is great.

Battery time is 11 mins on 2200mah and 14 mins on 2900mah so happy with that as well. The range on the wifi is pretty much the same as I was getting with my TP Link MR3040 repeater and FC40 cam but the vision setup is much more stable. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 886
Yeh just using the red and black wires, I powered the camera up on the bench first then turned the repeater on and connected to it on my iphone using the vision app. Works great, I presume the other two green and white wires are to do with telemetry but wouldn't have a clue where to connect these or even if I can. I'm happy with the quality and range just using the camera for now. I've just added a pig tail to the repeater so I can use an external TP Link antenna on it to boost the range. I'm going to test it tomorrow :)

I've not connected the servo yet for the 1 axis and not sure if I can. Hopefully it's a direct connection of the servo lead to the Naza ?More testing required :)

Ok good news, I've connected the gimbal servo wire into the F2 port on the Naza and connected the phantom to the assistant software and turned the gimbal on and it WORKS :)I just need to route the cable neatly now as I just temporarily put it through the battery door and up towards the Naza. :)

Scott1uk said:
Don't know what to call it now but suppose it is still an FC40. Well I came across a Vision camera and repeater on eBay so I've been playing and got it working on my FC40. Power is linked into the spare power cable inside the shell but I doubt I will get telemetry but if anyone has any suggestions they will be welcome. Images are much better than the FC40 cam and if I lose wifi signal it doesn't shut the app down or log out it just quickly re connects automatically which is great.

Battery time is 11 mins on 2200mah and 14 mins on 2900mah so happy with that as well. The range on the wifi is pretty much the same as I was getting with my TP Link MR3040 repeater and FC40 cam but the vision setup is much more stable. :)

How did you fit the P2V dampener plate to the body of the FC40? I would think the 2 mounting holes in the FC40 body are too wide apart?

Scott1uk said:
Ok good news, I've connected the gimbal servo wire into the F2 port on the Naza and connected the phantom to the assistant software and turned the gimbal on and it WORKS :)I just need to route the cable neatly now as I just temporarily put it through the battery door and up towards the Naza. :)

wow the potential is great. especially since you have the gimbal working. would you mind sharing how you found it and what it cost? Is the camera wifi 2.4 just like the fc40. If you get the camera wifi and extender working well will it give you longer range then the 5g transmitter? And would one of those other brand transmitters make a big range difference. Like the futaba. I am not sure if I understand things correctly yet, but I am working on it. I thought there was better range, that the signal goes further for 2.4 and I would have thought the transmitters and receivers for higher end quads would use 2.4 and the camera would use 5g (I am easily confused)

I fitted the the Damper plate by drilling a hole in it and using the original mount screw into the rear hole. The other side of the plate has nothing to screw into so it's connected with Velcro. It's very firm and secure :)

Scott1uk said:
I fitted the the Damper plate by drilling a hole in it and using the original mount screw into the rear hole. The other side of the plate has nothing to screw into so it's connected with Velcro. It's very firm and secure :)

I have added a custom damper plate to my design, in case you have access to a 3D printer :) It fits my P2V perfectly, and I am dying to know if it fits the FC40 body as well :)
Bodyplate_FC40_preview_featured.jpg

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:363690

Jinkz said:
Did you get The power cable with The camera?

No I bought the vision cable pack from my dealer. I cut off the plug at the end that would normally plug into the Vision main board on the cable that plugs into the back of the camera and used the red and black direct to the spare power cable inside the shell :)

DKDarkness said:
Scott1uk said:

I have added a custom damper plate to my design, in case you have access to a 3D printer :) It fits my P2V perfectly, and I am dying to know if it fits the FC40 body as well :)
Bodyplate_FC40_preview_featured.jpg

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:363690

That looks like it will fit perfect to the existing screw holes on the FC40 :)

Welcome mate.

I'm still hoping I can connect the remaining green and white wire from the camera cable somewhere but can't get any info on them at all. They must be the telemetry wires as the the other two are definitely power but sadly I'm clueless as to whether I can connect them, and to where? Any suggestions will be welcome :)

Hi again i have now got my own fc200 camera and mountet it but i have no tilt [emoji19] i have connectet The plug to the naza P2 but it only tilts to The top and stats there??? Ther is A bit of bokse Coming from The tilt motor is thar normal?? Like it wants to love ferther up?? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers