FC40 upgrade

Would this set up also work with an SJ4000?

Cheers!

I have the SJ4000 wifi, you need a special video cable with it,I made one with help from YouTube videos. The usb plugs are very small..mine broke :eek: so I have one on the way from China. I am more than happy with my $89.00 SJ4000 and Walkera D2 gimbal. I added a Polar Pro Neutral Density Filter for the camera,it's for a GoPro but with a quick mod it works great.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3VrS98s9Pg[/youtube]

I think I'm going to record a 1974 Volkswagen Van and dub it into my next video.

That was some funny S... :lol:

Gimbal seemed to work just fine though. Was there any wind?

Not much wind ,the gimbal is very stable. I was flying in gps mode there, I was afraid to flip it into atti mode in the back yard. The trees are Phantom magnets :shock:

Thank you for the video. It's nice to see what the end result looks like :)

Hey guys! Been reading this site for a week waiting for my FC40 to come in, lots of really useful info!

Just for clarification- you're all using GoPros for this FPV setup, right? Not the *actual* FC40 camera?

hello my name is jeffery i had a phantom fc40 with on isod and a pair of cheap goggle fatshark coounterfeit, transmitter 700mw it was working great. i am one that like to test the limit of a produce, i wanted to fly two miles out and two mile up starting. before i could get to go out one mile vertical,i when up 1.3km horizontal and had a battery failure and lost the craft, never did crash, i heard the motors rev up in a wood area but i could not see the craft.that was back in july never did fine it. i just replace it this month with the same model fc40. got the iosd, the ground station with a wireless data link module. i got all that i need to build my ground station just got to put it all together.i fly with to battery on the outside of the craft with battery mounts on the outside of the craft. i used the battery compartment for the modules dji hub can ,pmu and the data link and it all works in the house. just to got the goggle with video today next i have to get the right antenna for long range the two miles. but with all this great potential . doing my test of the video system i have notice that when i decent the craft will not hover it starts a slow decent i can prolong the decent with full throtle but it coming down. i had seen some signes of hoving issues but used the naza program but still if is initiate the decent the craft will not maintain altitude do you have any suggestion. the greatess came you can get is the sj4000 just got one for 75 dollar yesterday and it is just as good a a gopro i had one, great camera this why i was writing. thank you.

Hello again Oyvind,
Good find. That OSD module looks like the best way to add OSD to the FC40. :D
I think I will give this option a closer look.

Check the price at this site.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/fpv-flight-c ... e-gps.html

The CAN Bus hack I had previously mentioned does not apply to my circuit board. :(

hello my name is jeffery i had a phantom fc40 with on isod and a pair of cheap goggle fatshark coounterfeit, transmitter 700mw it was working great. i am one that like to test the limit of a produce, i wanted to fly two miles out and two mile up starting. before i could get to go out one mile vertical,i when up 1.3km horizontal and had a battery failure and lost the craft, never did crash, i heard the motors rev up in a wood area but i could not see the craft.that was back in july never did fine it. i just replace it this month with the same model fc40. got the iosd, the ground station with a wireless data link module. i got all that i need to build my ground station just got to put it all together.i fly with to battery on the outside of the craft with battery mounts on the outside of the craft. i used the battery compartment for the modules dji hub can ,pmu and the data link and it all works in the house. just to got the goggle with video today next i have to get the right antenna for long range the two miles. but with all this great potential . doing my test of the video system i have notice that when i decent the craft will not hover it starts a slow decent i can prolong the decent with full throtle but it coming down. i had seen some signes of hoving issues but used the naza program but still if is initiate the decent the craft will not maintain altitude do you have any suggestion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic