FC40 Stock Camera Gimbal

Reaction score
New FC40 owner and would like to use the FC40 camera on a gimbal. Could someone point me in the right direction that would NOT involve a mod.

Simple, get a Feiyutech 2-Axis Brushless Gimbal for GoPro ,had one prior to it getting stolen,great kit it just works end off, there two wires to connect to the red and grey wires hiding in a leg already , just look...

I have a Tarot gimbal on order, with an adapter plate which allows it to attach to the bottom of a Phantom. It's designed for a GoPro, but I intend to use it with the FC40 cam, at least to start off with. My understanding is that I'll be able to plug the gimbal into the aux power wires, and control the tilt function using a couple of servo wires to the Naza.

see the walkera gimbal thread and i have put some photos there.

I want a gimbal, but like allot of people am on a tight bugget.
So was thinking of making one on the 3D printer to accept the FC40 camera.
Do regular servos connect ok to the Naza?
Haven't had my FC40 long so haven't had the lid off yet, and not got it near to see if it would work with servos.

You also need a control board to drive the servos. Servos on their own won't help.

lostkiwi said:
You also need a control board to drive the servos. Servos on their own won't help.

And an angle sensor.

You can get a gimbal for £60 delivered or less.
Better to go down that route.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will follow your advice and get one on order. I will leave an update when installed. Thanks again for prompt replys!

Hmmmmm any idea where I can find some info on a board to drive servos?

Just some clarification on the use of gimbals.

The walkera g-d2: this gimbal is fairly plug and play? Can you simply take off the existing hardware which holds the fc40 camera, mount the new gimbal, and connect the power (which I'm assuming is for the camera) and a way you go (no tilt option powered up). My understanding this will make the video much smoother (not as jittery). People talk about having tilt option with this gimbal as a matter of connecting two more wires. Someone said those wires connect to two wires found in one of the legs? Also people say to connect these to the naza? Do either one of these methods require soldering?

Also one other thing. This gimbal seems to be made for a hero, does the fc40 camera also mount easy? I'm wanting to purchase a fc40 and possibly a gimbal for it, but it's not in the budget to purchase a new camera as well.

Also, if someone knows of a handy installation video link that would be great.

Thanks.

The gimbal takes its power off the cable just inside one of the legs.
You do not need any other hardware, remove the stock camera clamps etc.

If you want tilt control then you have to enable that in software and take a wire from the nazam to the gimbal.

I fitted the walkera gimbal last week, i fitted the stock camera in the gimbal, see my photos on the walkera gimbal thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20