FC40 Sluggish motor on initial start up

Reaction score
I have what appears to be a slower motor when i initially start up copter you can see it but it does not seem to affect it flying it seems to operate well when in the air the motor acts normal.
This is in regards to the FC40,

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks

Hovers ok?
Forward, back, side to side?
Up, down ok?

Should be fine.

You can see it with your eyes while flying or looking at a video of it?

Seems to hover OK and side to side OK too and yes you can see it on video and with my own eyes it appears slower.

i was thinking of returning it thinking it may be a weak motor not sure what to do yet.

My dad has had 2 with this fault first was really bad, second flys fine but you can see its slow, guy in the shop was going to replace the esc board on the first one.

Hack61 said:
I have what appears to be a slower motor when i initially start up copter you can see it but it does not seem to affect it flying it seems to operate well when in the air the motor acts normal.
This is in regards to the FC40,

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks
I've seen similar posts on this subject and wonder if you realize your Phantom is fighting a natural force to get off the ground. (Gravity). Once airborne everyone says they fly fine. That's because the initial thrust needed for takeoff has been eliminated. Just like a NASA rocket. It just doesn't zoom off in an instant at takeoff. It takes time to accelerate.

If I take mine and sit it next to my dads you can see all my motors sit there spinning at the same speed (at idle) on the two he has had the front right (looking at it) spins at a slower speed, on the first on he had the smallest amount of pressure would make it stop i.e. heavy wind!!! funny how it was the same one each time, would be good to know if its the same for others

Instead of taking it back. Take it to a reliable hobby shop and ask them to check the motor speed using a tachometer. That will tell you if the motors operating at the correct speed or not.

I had a similar situation after turning down thr idle prop speed in the software. Everything was fine after returning to recommended speed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl